Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora LT360 CPU AIO Digital RGB

Marco011

Hello, I recently bought this premium cpu cooler from Aquatuning Italy to pair it with the Eiswolf 2 that i already own.
I have 2 questions, is not clear anywhere that te cpu block+pump is just big enough to force the first RAM stick out of the way! Is this normal? I mean temps are great BUT im keeping my overlocked 9900kf under 60° at a cost of 8gb of RAM; Secondly, a 140€ cpu cooler with a PLASTIC backplate? Are you serious? even the 90€ AIO from cooler master which is going to replace, has a damn metal backplate!

I am really disappointed, im gonna keep it because its working now but if I had known it before I would not have bought it.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-10 at 14.39.39.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-03-10 at 14.40.01.jpeg

Marco011

Bump

Did i miss the warning somewhere about losing the first ddr slot? Can't even go low profile, the fitting is right on top of the slot...

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi Marco, I have to take us out of the line of fire a bit regarding the space available. Of course you have to check in advance whether a cooler with a side inlet/outlet is really the right choice for your board. With the Eisbaer Aurora CPU cooler (also available as AIO), there is a variant that will not collide with the RAM.

We are aware of the backplate issue and have also started a service campaign on this. If you send our support an email (info@alphacool.com) with a copy of your purchase receipt, you will receive the new Core Metal backplate completely free of charge. Advantage of the backplate: Better fit of the cooler & better temperatures!

Marco011

Hi Thomas, i didn't bother to check the actual size of the fittings because i took it for granted that a premium AIO shouldn't generally be so big to force one sitck of RAM out, as every normal AIO on the consumer market doesn't. Lesson learned, I'll be more careful next time. I tried it on 3 differents mobo, z390, x570, and b550.

This rant is just because as i just stated, every AIO on the market is not so big to overhang the closest RAM Slot, and i felt disappointend from a brand like this.
About the plastic backplate, i appreciate about the free metal backplate, but i just moved to an AMD board so is not necessaire anymore, but I repeat that I never expected a plastic backplate from such a brand like yours.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi Thomas, i didn't bother to check the actual size of the fittings because i took it for granted that a premium AIO shouldn't generally be so big to force one sitck of RAM out, as every normal AIO on the consumer market doesn't. Lesson learned, I'll be more careful next time. I tried it on 3 differents mobo, z390, x570, and b550.
-> Yes, but you have to do that. This also has nothing to do with the claim of being a "premium brand". You will never get a product that covers every demand. There are boards that are not ideal in use with the Eisbaer LT cooler because of the space available. This cannot be prevented and will also be unavoidable in the future, as new boards will always be coming onto the market.
About the plastic backplate, i appreciate about the free metal backplate, but i just moved to an AMD board so is not necessaire anymore, but I repeat that I never expected a plastic backplate from such a brand like yours.
-> yes, when the cooler was developed, this backplate was completely sufficient. But here, too, it only goes in one direction! Higher, faster, further - we noticed ourselves that the backplate is no longer sufficient or meets today's requirements. That's why we're running this service campaign for the new backplate - which we've also spread around the world in the media - no matter how old your cooler or AIO is, no matter whether you bought it from us or from a reseller, no matter whether you live in India or Canada! If you contact our support, you will receive the backplate free of charge! I think that things like this are what make a premium brand. ;-)

Best regards Thomas

nihan

Hello, I recently bought this premium cpu cooler from Aquatuning Italy to pair it with the Eiswolf 2 that i already own.
I have 2 questions, is not clear anywhere that te cpu block+pump is just big enough to force the first RAM stick out of the way! Is this normal? I mean temps are great BUT im keeping my overlocked 9900kf under 60° at a cost of 8gb of RAM; Secondly, a 140€ cpu cooler with a PLASTIC backplate? Are you serious? even the 90€ AIO from cooler master which is going to replace, has a damn metal backplate!

I am really disappointed, im gonna keep it because its working now but if I had known it before I would not have bought it.

View attachment 3751 View attachment 3752
It's understandable that you expected a higher-end product to include a more robust and durable backplate. While metal backplates are generally considered sturdier, it's important to note that the choice of backplate material can vary between different manufacturers and models. Some CPU coolers, even at premium price points, may utilize plastic backplates for various reasons, such as cost-effectiveness or specific design considerations. It's always helpful to thoroughly research and read customer reviews or feedback before making a purchase to ensure alignment with your expectations regarding build quality and materials.