Converting existing Alphacool products for 2xdimm RAM cooling

bmagnien

Hi there - a couple quick questions about your products. I'm looking to cool 2xdimm ram sticks, but need the inlet/outlet on the side of the block, not coming straight out the top. I've found 3 of your products that may work, but wanted to get your opinion and see if there were alternatives:

How does the g 1/4 -> 5/3mm hose splitter work here? Does the waterflow go in parallel through the splitter? Or is all the water forced through the smaller tubing after entering the mcx distributor?

Can the PCIe pins and the pcie bracket be completely removed from this? do you have a photo with literally just the block of this piece exposed? this might be my favorite option if those pieces can be removed

this one could also work but it's a bit big, and definitely overkill for cooling 2 ram dimms

Thank you!

bmagnien

I just found this disassembled photo of the m.2 pcie block. 2 questions: can the standoffs (red) be removed? how deep is the nvme channel (green)? might be able to just fill that with a thermal pad to create a flat surface across the block to place over the 2xdimms.

1701704828840.png

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi the NVME water blocks are not compatible with any dimm ramm sticks and we don´t offer any cooler for such Hardware.

bmagnien

Hi the NVME water blocks are not compatible with any dimm ramm sticks and we don´t offer any cooler for such Hardware.
@Vanzin this is a very odd reply. Alphacool has multiple coolers for ram….there’s an entire section on your website dedicated to them:

Anyhow. That’s not what I’m asking about. I’m only asking if the standoffs on this product, circled in red, can be removed? Are they screwed in or soldered in?

And what is the depth of the green nvme channel?