Eiswolf 2 AIO with 2x 360mm rads : Add D5 to the loop

Jofbig

Hello Alphacool support team,

I'm currently running an Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 4090 Strix + TUF with Backplate with an added NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 360mm prefilled AIO Edition to the loop.
The temperatures are OK, but I'd like to enhance the cooling capacity of the loop as the DC-LT 2600 pump seems to be struggling a bit.

I'm planning on adding the Eisbecher Aurora D5 Acetal/Glas - 150mm with D5 VPP655 PWM Pump, with HF quick release connector kit G1/4 OT/OT to "directly" connect the radiators to the pump/reservoir combo.
The goal is to have the D5 pump in beetween both radiators instead being just before, or juste after the DC-LT pump. This way it will limit the DC-LT being "overflowed" by the D5 (if that makes sense to you).

Questions are :
1. Does this planned setup seem correct to you ?
2. The Eiswolf & the ST30 are prefilled with the Tec Protect 2 Clear coolant; is it correct ?
3. As the Tec Protect 2 clear availability seems to be limited, can I add another of your coolant to the loop or do I need to flush/clean everything before ?
4. What replacement coolant do you recommend ?

And if you have any other recommendations regarding the enhancement, will be appreciated (I don't want to change everything, only adapt the current loop).

Many thanks for your support.

Regards,
Christopher

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you can add wothout any problems a reservoir and a stronger pump to the loop. Our prefilled products are prefilled with distilled water and 30% Glycol. You can either refill the system with distilled water or if you want to use a ready to use liquid, like our Tec Protect 2 we highly recommend to replace the whole liqiud.