'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

church

Luck with your particular card sample may differ. Having large rad area also won't do wonders, it will mean that air/water delta will be low even with relatively quiet fans, as one cannot get temps below ambient with LC, so even more powerful fans .. maybe 5C less, then less rads & slow fans, but will it be decisive to max o/c? Doubt it.
Then again, LC will be more effective then air (especially then one that is so handicapped, to dissipate 400-500W within small air cooler dimensions, unlike eg. 200W of much larger top cpu coolers), and having LC waterblock made will help a lot those that will use card for actual gaming, not just few max overclock tries, as with better cooling it's possible that a bit less extra voltage will be needed for same clocks and thus electricity bill will be more reasonable, card will throttle less because lifted cooling limitations, and noise will be much quieter/acceptable for home use.

Goobak

card will throttle less because lifted cooling limitations, and noise will be much quieter/acceptable for home use.
This is exactly what I am hoping for. Simracing in VR... so the card gets nonstop 100% load for 3 hours or something. My actual curve is 1995MHz at 9.25V and temperatures fluctuate between 55-72. And the throttling step above 70 degrees is exactly what I want to get rid of.
Do not care about noise... having the rig set up for maximal cooling because I cannot hear it in VR anyway.

audipete

I just want to know if Eddy has had a meeting with his bosses yet. Don't worry about covid just use microsoft teams and send machining equipment out to your engineers houses, but you need to hurry eddy If my wife finds this money in my account it's bye bye to the 3090 Gamerock Card for me.

church

BTW, i just thought of another good reason in support of decision to make these blocks :).
For FE, for reference design, for MSI, for Gigabyte, for Asus .. other LC vendors already released their blocks. For these? - You might be the only one .. and thus potential extra sales from those that would otherwise might have went to others due whatever reasons, compensating that for some reasons (eg. buyers under impression that these cards are from "lesser" brand) there might be cards on this PCB sold less overall and smaller total market for blocks for them .. but if it all is yours?
Monopoly .. might serve for good? :D

So I have come to the conclusion that Eddy, wont be speaking to his bosses, I don't think we will see a water block anytime soon for the gamerock card, there will be such a backlog on existing orders that for the next few months they will be on catchup for outstanding orders,

So I have come to the conclusion that Eddy, wont be speaking to his bosses, I don't think we will see a water block anytime soon for the gamerock card, there will be such a backlog on existing orders that for the next few months they will be on catchup for outstanding orders,

Let's have some faith in Eddy :)

I guess that Alphacool is as eager as any company to make a buck, and Gamerock waterblock is an untapped market....along with Gainward Phantom cards which share PCB design if I have understood correct.

Where other cards got options besides Alphacool, like these:

Aquacomputer
Barrow
Bitspower
Bykski
Corsair
EK
Phanteks
Optimus
Watercool

Now I'm sure Eddy and the wise guys of Alphacool understand the importance of first mover in an untapped market

My guess is that the first supplier to deliver to Gamerock probably will have this card and the Gainward Phantom series, both 3090 and 3080 cards for them selfs for quite a while if not for ever.

The PCB design is a bit awkward for these cards with power cables centered on the PCB, and also these cards seems somewhat forgotten by the rest of the WB industry. Moving first will say that you supply to early adopters and enthusiast which give you a guaranteed ROI within short time.

Other cards have multiple options and therefore a competitive market by now

Give us some good signs Eddy, and please let me know when you have gotten the information from Palit that was needed for modeling the block.

I'm sending Palit support an email per day asking them to hurry up so I guess people answering these emails are pretty fed up with me.....

TheExit

Hello,

Can i flash my rtx 3090 Gamerock Oc with evga 500w bios? Will it work? How much can i gain from it on aircooling solution?

Tenx,theE

Whats your OC now(core, mem and power limit) and what temp do you get on full load after an hour or so?

I'm no expert on this, but I would probably not flash a 500w bios on this card with just stock air cooling because of heat.

I got the Gamerock non OC version(370w bios, with max power to 420w), but I flashed the OC bios which gives 420w at base and max 470w.

After flashing the OC bios I got an increase of 6-7c on full load temp, that was from 50w more. I used to have 65c after gaming for a couple of hours but now I would see 71c, this is with OC and fan's at 100%.

Adding another 30w to 80w with increased power limit would probably give me full load temps in the high 70's to mid 80's, and that would be to much imo. Stock temp limit is at 83c and you will have some temp throttle even before that.

So in my head flashing the 500w bios would not yield any real world gains on stock air as you will have throttling because of temperature. It may be fun for benching in a cold room but not for daily use...

This is what I could achieve on stock air with OC bios, max power, +171 on core, +450 on mem and with an open window and ambient temp approx 10c.....

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/17569245

Now if I close the window and the card doesn't get cold air I'm only able to run +115 and my score drops to about 21 300

TheExit

Hello,

Here is my results: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24199738

Dont even know if its good.

Now im sitting at : +70 core, +1200 memory at 72C on air after 1-3h of gaming. But i see my core clock keeps dropig (1960-2055 jumpig up and down). When is heat a problem for gpu? 70C, 75c, 80c to start droping clock?

Thank you on info.

E

I believe your score is really good and that the clock frequency is excellent...avg of 2071Mhz and max 2130Mhz...

Since boost technology is governed by voltage, frequency and temperature, I think temperature offsets throughout the boost curve can limit your frequency at different times, I'm not sure however. What I'm saying is that this thermal throttling is not constricted to only when you hit max of 83c or 91c...

Core frequency jumping up and down as you describe could be both temperature, power and voltage limit. If you use MSI afterburner you could try to look for the context in the hardware monitoring graphs when this drop in freq. occurs

The Gamerock definitely look like a top tier card of the high end 3x PCIe cards out there........3DMark reports my card in 5% of all 3090 scores. Now this is on air, while I guess a lot of the scores above is made on water and with bios that gives higher power limit.

I see some report going fra avg. 2070Mhz in benching on air, to 2200Mhz on water

EDDY!!!

Vapormatt

temp does reduce clock speed for sure, and when pushing high power limit max temp spikes limit clock speed. water cooling will help alot with the temp spikes.

hopefully Eddy will get some info from palit soon to get production on the go!

church

But what if Palit or Gainward won't bother releasing PCB drawings? After all, Murphy's laws are absolute :).
Alphacool is based in Germany, aren't they? Can someone owning any from cards of this PCB(Gamerock/Gamerock OC/Phantom/Phantom GS, 3080&3090) and who lives in Germany, temporarily provide theirs for taking measurements by Alphacool? I even predict that they might be first ones to get the waterblock :). If something like that is feasible, maybe Eddy may chime in with info on if/how?

But what if Palit or Gainward won't bother releasing PCB drawings? After all, Murphy's laws are absolute :).
Alphacool is based in Germany, aren't they? Can someone owning any from cards of this PCB(Gamerock/Gamerock OC/Phantom/Phantom GS, 3080&3090) and who lives in Germany, temporarily provide theirs for taking measurements by Alphacool? I even predict that they might be first ones to get the waterblock :). If something like that is feasible, maybe Eddy may chime in with info on if/how?
If it comes down to that I can ship my card.

@Eddy let us know if you need a card!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I think some people here have no idea how unimportant water cooler manufacturers are to graphics card manufacturers. It takes time and many diplomatic emails before we get designs. And it's not like we immediately start with the designs, but there is a plan when what has to be ready. And we currently have more than 100 new products in the pipeline, all of which are due to be launched on the market this year. From small things to new CPU coolers, AIOs, expansion tanks, server racks, enterprise products, pumps, electronic stuff, fans and much more. So please, don't expect that the cooler for the Gamerock is immediately on priority 1.
To put it nicely, there are much more important products for us. To provide a comparison.... RTX 3080/3090 Reference cooler sells better than almost all other models for MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA ect. together. And there are still other coolers in the pipeline that need to be finished ;-)
So just be patient. We don't break anything here ;-)