'Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC RTX 3090, 3080 waterblocks'

Synologic

Just for info, are these cards the same ? Would the GameRock 3090 waterblock fit the Gainward Phantom 3090 card as well ?

Freakyer

Just for info, are these cards the same ? Would the GameRock 3090 waterblock fit the Gainward Phantom 3090 card as well ?

The title of thread certainly suggests so to me!

Some googling of the PCBs also shows these cards (in thread title) are not the FE or Reference PCB which is why they need a different block. Layouts look similar to Reference but component height (VRMs etc) looks different (just guessing here).

Yes it should be the same PCB layout and components as fare as I know, so this waterblock should fit all models of Gainward Phantom, Phantom GS, Palit GameRock, GameRock OC for both 3080 and 3090 cards. Palit actually own the Gainward brand among several others.

Spread the news in whatever forums you guys are in, in such way we give AC something back for listening to us and makeing the block.

The PCB design and components are quite if not very good on these cards, and my Gamerock "non" OC flash with a OC bios runs 2070Mhz stable in BFV @ 70c

The Ampere gpu architecture scales nice with temperature decrease, and you should be able to see a 15Mhz boost for every 5c degree reduction. So going from 70-75c to 35-40c with enough rads space "could" yield 120Mhz increase along with silence and other nice things......

polym0rph

+1 for 3090 GameRock. I honestly tried to live with her. But this noisy card left me no choice. It's time to get her under the water.

church

I somewhat doubt it. Do other vendor top 3070 card versions like Strix from Asus/Master from Gigabyte/Supreme X from MSI have same cooler & PCB and do their LC blocks list compatibility also for 3070 cards?
One needs to submit pic of one's 3070 PCB or Palit/Gainward needs to answer AC requests for PCB drawings (which they don't look like are very keen to).
Then again .. if it's same cooler and on 3070, which is of way lower TDP, imho 3070 is in way less need for LC, as cooler that should be able to dissipate double the heatload, on lower end card should be fine as is cooling/loudness wise, and thus even if upcoming block won't be compatible with it, less of a loss.

sakarno

Is there any Tiny and Tiny news for the new block....!??! Maybe status of the desing phase or a Screenshot from CAD .....pls....
So with a Picture of the cooler i can print it out und put it on my GPU so it alleviate the waiting pain.... :cool:

Last edited:

sakarno

Maybe not ,,, waiting for a dedicatet cooler is worth the waiting. So i also have thinking about a universal GPU waterblock and cooling the Vram with Heatsinks an a Fan. and the Mosfets with Ram Water Ram cooling but . I hve looked on the PCB and the Capacitors with the High Form probality can give problems with mounting ..... The risk to damage this pricy card is it not worth ......