Looking for Active Backplate for 3090 Founders Ed.

ucdbadboy

Hello.
I purchased and installed Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090 Founders Edition with Backplate (14463).
It runs pretty good so far, but there are 2 things i'm needing help with

#1: I found memory /backside is still very hot, sometimes >100C. so i need to buy/install an active backplate
Qs.1. is 13039 the correct part to get (compatible with 14463)?
Qs2. besides MCX 2x distributor (13041), what other connector parts do I need to integrate my existing 14463 +13039 ?

#2: Also,, there's a slight problem; the original 3090FE is a 3-Slot card, after installing the AIO, i believe it will take up 2-slots.
But, the original 3-slot bracket isn't compatible with AIO and the AIO did not include the 2-slot hardware bracket.

please advise where i can purchase a bracket that's compatible with the AIO.
Screenshot 2022-04-14 105610.png

Thank you

Imsturm

You are welcome.

I have purchased following parts to install the active back plate on my 3090 FE. Article 13041 is wrong and shouldn't be used per the manual.

https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...aer-tpv-extension-kit-tube-and-fittings?c=362

or

https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...pv-extension-set-900-tubes-and-fittings?c=487

https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...-active-backplate-3090-founders-edition?c=500

https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...se/29051/alphacool-tec-protect-2-clear-1000ml

https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...ort/29565/alphacool-filling-bottle-core-500ml

That's how it looks like. Maybe not perfect for enthusiasts but it works fine and I am happy.
Bear in mind that the back plate takes some space above the graphics card!

20220420_103732.jpg

GeorgeC

@Imsturm - thank you for sharing the picture - very useful.

@Thomas_S is there a kit already available for purchase that enables 3090 FE waterblock and 3090 FE active backplate to be connected together or I need to build an adaptation as per the above image kindly shared by Imsturm?

I am looking for something similar with this but using the Active backplate inlet and outlet with G1/4" internal thread on the top side (instead of Alphacool's MCX 2x manifold with 5/3mm tubing):
Alphacool_Eisblock_Aurora_GPX-N_Acryl_Active_Backplate_3090_Founders_Edition_1022244_04.jpg

Probably it should look like this:
Radiator OUT -> Waterblock IN -> Waterblock OUT connected directly to Backplate IN -> Backplate OUT -> Radiator IN

Any suggestions?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
@Thomas_S is there a kit already available for purchase that enables 3090 FE waterblock and 3090 FE active backplate to be connected together or I need to build an adaptation as per the above image kindly shared by Imsturm?
-> Imsturm's variant is a very good option. You can also connect the backplate using only 12.7/7.6 tubing and TPV fittings. You can then also adjust the hose length individually. If you use our extension sets, you have to accommodate a lot of hose in the housing.

Radiator OUT -> Waterblock IN -> Waterblock OUT connected directly to Backplate IN -> Backplate OUT -> Radiator IN
-> Fits!

GeorgeC

Thanks for your confirmation that this would work.

-> Imsturm's variant is a very good option. You can also connect the backplate using only 12.7/7.6 tubing and TPV fittings. You can then also adjust the hose length individually. If you use our extension sets, you have to accommodate a lot of hose in the housing.

Regarding Imsturm's variant - if you check his picture the TPV cables are very long and I'd need shorter ones which I haven't seen on your website. Can I simply cut them and make them shorter?

The other thing to note is that unlike Imsturm, I don't use a PC case. My GPU has been fitted as an eGPU in an external frame for my laptop (connected via ADT adapter on the 2nd M.2 ssd port) - so long tubes are not ideal for me.

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
I have already written that it is easier to realise the connection between GPU cooler & backplate with our TPV tube + TPV fittings. This way you can choose the optimal tube path for your system yourself. Personally, I would completely forego the use of our extension sets.

GeorgeC

@Thomas_S - i'm just learning my way around water cooling as I purchased the waterblock and backplate without having a water cooling system and I assumed that everything I need to make this work will be supplied. As this wasn't the case, i'm exploring and finding my way in the GPU water cooling universe, so please be patient with me and if you have any examples on how I could achieve what I want in the fastest way (and probably simplest way) that would speed up my understanding and decision making process tremendously.

I'm relying on you as from the posts I've already read you seem to know your way and have a much better understanding of the Alphacool products and how they can work together in the best possible way.

Personally, I would completely forego the use of our extension sets.
What do you mean here?

the optimal tube path for your system yourself
The TPV tubes I get from Alphacool can be cut shorter or they are fitted properly at both ends (glued)?

Thomas_S

Staff member
What do you mean here?
Because that is the easiest way. You determine the required hose length from the GPU cooler outlet to the active backplate inlet and cut it exactly to size. Then screw a fitting to each end and you can connect the GPU and backplate. Proceed in the same way at the outlet of the active backplate to the radiator. In this way you can create optimal hose routes and don't run the risk of the hoses being too short or too long. In addition, your system simply looks tidier. You can use the following hoses and fittings for this:

or

The TPV tubes I get from Alphacool can be cut shorter or they are fitted properly at both ends (glued)?
The fittings are not glued. If you remove them carefully, you can use them again on the shortened hose.