X-Flow update to V.2?

Adiemus9000

Hi,
as the title says, will the X-Flow radiators be updated to the new V.2 flush plugs? If so, when?
Otherwise, I can only think to buy some headless G1/4 plugs and using Teflon tape to make it watertight in order to get the radiators flush with my case.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, well i do not have any information abour a upcoming V2 / X-Flow radiator. maybe in the future who knows ;)

Adiemus9000

Hi, well i do not have any information abour a upcoming V2 / X-Flow radiator. maybe in the future who knows ;)
That's a shame, I'll have to try the teflon tape method.

Do you know by chance, how different the cooling performance (at the same fan RPM of 700 to 1200, same radiator dimensions) a 10 fpi radiator vs a 16 fpi radiator roughly has? I searched the internet far and wide and I have no clear answer and in the end I'll have to test it myself by the looks of it.

I want to change my upright mounted U-flow radiator (EKWB XE 480) for a similar crossflow. It'll make tube routing and draining/maintenance much easier but I don't know if or how much cooling performance I'll lose by changing from 16 fpi to 10.

Thank you in advance!

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Even if the values are fixed it is almost impossible to measure the values due the dynamics. You need an isolated chamber to measure accurately
I have also had a long ressearch on the net but it seems like there are no infos neither reviews.

Adiemus9000

Even if the values are fixed it is almost impossible to measure the values due the dynamics. You need an isolated chamber to measure accurately
I have also had a long ressearch on the net but it seems like there are no infos neither reviews.
Then I'll get one and test it along with my current Radiator.