Suitable Water block for Gigabyte 2070 Super windforce OC

seba_hxc

Yes i know they look very similar and belive me if it would match why should i tell or give wrong information? :) Check the pictures you will see what i mean but i have also asked our graphics card department and they gave me the same information. I also have to say i am open for surprises :) Your graphics card is too narrow :( The 2060 blocks are for reference design cards ^^
I see, well you guys know the best, so thanks again for honest feedback...the only think left is to find a way to cool down my GPU and reduce noise.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
So Guys,

Here a small Update the water block, which will be available in May will be compatible with following GPU´s:
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce 3X 8G, 8GB GDDR6, (GV-N207SWF3-8GD)
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 3X 8G, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, 3x DP (GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD)

The Gaming Version is not compatible due a RGB Header on the Top for which we can not cut out the copper and Plexi cover.

You can still preorder it if you write us an Mil to info@alphacool.com or next week directly in our shop.

Last edited:

t7mackie

So Guys,

Here a small Update the water block, which will be available in May will be compatible with following GPU´s:
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce 3X 8G, 8GB GDDR6, (GV-N207SWF3-8GD)
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 3X 8G, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, 3x DP (GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD)

The Gaming Version is not compatible due a RGB Header on the Top for which we can not cut out the copper and Plexi cover.

Of course it isn't!! Of course it's the card I have!!

OK, other options, fellas?

Anyone have a picture of the offending RGB header? Would this be something that could be removed from the graphics card to make the waterblock fit?

-OR- I have looked into generic waterblocks for the GPU but am a little lost as to what to use to keep the VRMs and Cap's, etc. cool. Could someone forward some information / links as to the step-by-step for setting up a hybrid system for a noob, please? Hardware...

I've just about had it with this dang graphics card. It works great and all but you're SooL if you want to water cool it. I'm thinking about putting it on Ebay and getting a card that isn't so dang SPECIAL!

DemetriV

Of course it isn't!! Of course it's the card I have!!

OK, other options, fellas?

Anyone have a picture of the offending RGB header? Would this be something that could be removed from the graphics card to make the waterblock fit?

-OR- I have looked into generic waterblocks for the GPU but am a little lost as to what to use to keep the VRMs and Cap's, etc. cool. Could someone forward some information / links as to the step-by-step for setting up a hybrid system for a noob, please? Hardware...

I've just about had it with this dang graphics card. It works great and all but you're SooL if you want to water cool it. I'm thinking about putting it on Ebay and getting a card that isn't so dang SPECIAL!

Since its just a header, it can be desoldered. I plan to unsolder mine. However, if you have no soldering experience I wouldn't recommend attempting the removal.

t7mackie

I'm pretty handy with this kind of stuff. I'd like to see a picture of the offending header if anyone has one. I just put my rig back together yesterday after adding TT RGB fittings and am too lazy to tear it all apart again to see what's going on.

- - -

Would something like this work with a generic GPU block to keep VRMs et al cool? (Sorry if this should be in a different thread):

It says it's for AIO and NZXT but it looks like it should work with an open loop system. What else is on the market?

Also this fan bracket only has a fan on one side of the silicon. Are there parts on the other side that also need to be actively cooled?

Thanks all for the help!

DemetriV

Can we get confirmation from Alphacool that this cooling block will work with GV-N207SGAMINGOC-8GD if the RGB header is removed?

Looking at pictures from earlier in the thread, it looks like GV-N207SGAMINGOC-8GD has a slimmer profile than GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD (minus the RGB header). Would the block still be able to touch what it needs to?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Can we get confirmation from Alphacool that this cooling block will work with GV-N207SGAMINGOC-8GD if the RGB header is removed?
The 3 Pin RGB Header is the problem what we have. If you can remove it the block fits. But this is AT YOUR OWN RISK WE DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILTY BY ANY KIND OF HARDWARE DAMAGE. Please if you do not know how to solder do not modify your graphics card.

Last edited:

t7mackie

Thank you Vinnie for the pictures. He has given us pictures for his GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD.

Looking at my 'GAMING-8GD' version, I have a wired header to the left of the 6-pin PCI-E connector where the one in the picture above has a blank space - directly to the left of the 1st copper colored screw hole on the top from the right. Is this the offending header in question that needs to be removed?

If so, that should be a pretty simple fix.

Gorrinako

Hi guys, im interested in a waterblock for my GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD, im waiting for it as a child ^^
My question is.. what about the price? Can someone post a link from shop or something like this? Or is only preorder by now? I saw we can preorder via email, but.. which information about price, materials, photos, etc we have?

Thx for your support guys!

Ifrit

HI,
I've read through this whole discussion but I'm still confused :D
I own GV-N207SGAMINGOC WHITE-8GD link

will the new block work with it or is it the one that will not work because of the rgb header?

Thank you for the answer

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi Guys,

I have attached a photo where I have marked the area where the Header has to be removed. As my colleague told you this is on your own risk and we do not take any responsible by any Hardware damage

Attachments

• Gigabyte-GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-Windforce-3X-8G,-8GB-GDDR6,-(GV-N207SWF3-8GD)-pcb.jpg
    Gigabyte-GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-Windforce-3X-8G,-8GB-GDDR6,-(GV-N207SWF3-8GD)-pcb.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 70

pepdebollox

Hi, I've done the pre order and paid etc, any idea when I will get this in Australia? Will it go to you first then get shipped or will it come to me from China?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It comes from germany. But in the moment we are not able to ship anything to australia in the moment because all delivery services are blocked for Australia because of Corona.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, here is the list with the countrys that we have problems to deliver at the moment;

Australia is shut down completly. No chance to deliver until this stupid virus is gone :(

Faudo

Hi,
Quick question, does this block come with or without RGB?
for the GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD.
if so can you remove the strips/led so it looks good? :)