Suitable Water block for Gigabyte 2070 Super windforce OC

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Just had to pay $33.06 in customs fees to UPS for them to release my block .. not too happy about that .. I've ordered a block from you guys a couple years ago and didn't have to pay customs before. Any idea why ?
I have no idea dude we are sending/shipping the orders like we always do there is no change really.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
1) My part ID is GV N207SWF3OC-8GD as compared to what is listed in your product page compatibility of GM N207SWF3OC-8GD. Could you please confirm if my part is compatible? Further, it appears the official Gigabyte site references "GV" and not "GM" (see link below), is this a regional difference?
Aus Gigabyte link referencing "GV
Yes we can confirm that it fits. Where do you have this information with the GM from?

2) Looking back in this discussion I see that you are now able to deliver to Australia? Can I please confirm this and what the indicative shipping costs will be?
Where exactly do you live in Australia?

ausone370

Yes we can confirm that it fits. Where do you have this information with the GM from?

The GM is listed in your product page under Compatibility:

However I have also confirmed the "GV" part ID is listed in your configurator, so should be fine. Thank you.

Where exactly do you live in Australia?

Sydney, postal code 2141

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
At the moment DHL does not deliver anything to Australia at all. The only possibility is UPS Express Saver and shipping would be 108,49€ (DHL would be 107,58€)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
3-Pin is aRGB with 5V and 4-Pin is RGB with 12V. That are two different things. And dont use the aRGB lights ona RGB header, you will kill the LEDs.

bonnydutcher

Hey Eddie and metropolis!

I'm kinda sad to see that people are already assembling their block, while mine still hasn't been shipped.

Could you check up on my orde please? (nr30118655)

avari

Yah we neither ^^ and we also would love to have some feedback from you guys :)

Feedback so far...

Seems to cool the GPU and memory well - but not so sure about how well it cools the whole card. Is a shame that the water doesn't go over the entire block particularly the VRM/capacitors. Running a long furmark or similar - the GPU/mem stays cool - 45c or so but the backplate - particularly where the VRMs are heats up to the point where it's too hot to touch - eventually the entire backplate is very hot. Focusing airflow over the back of the card would of course help - but that's not really the point of watercooling!

Edit: Actually i didn't look hard enough - case is a bit crowded and I don't want to remove the card - i think the VRMs do have water flowing over that part of the block. Doesn't change the fact that it's really hot at that point - and not just furmark - same in gta/sotr/fortnite etc. We don't really have these cards watercooled to not run them 100% :) It might be me of course - at the weekend I'll take the block off and check the thermal pads etc. are making enough contact with the VRMs/caps. No one else had any heat issues there?

Cosmetically it looks ok - but I'm personally not that keen on the black 'RTX 2070 super' logo on the top of the inlet/outlets - looks like it might be removable but don't want to damage the block. Can it be removed?

Last edited:

RRNNTT

I just received my block today (ordered from HighFlow.nl). Still prepping my system to install, but first impression leaves me a bit disappointed with your block manufacturer.

The nickel plating has some folds near the core plateau, but it shouldn't be in direct contact with anything, so not too worried about that.

Unfortunately the acrylic top has a huge scratch, which looks like whoever cleaned/polished the top, had a dirty rag/sponge and debris just left their mark... hard to capture on photo, but I think you can see it here:
I couldn't capture it on the rest of the block, but it goes all across.

mike6688

I just received my block today (ordered from HighFlow.nl). Still prepping my system to install, but first impression leaves me a bit disappointed with your block manufacturer.

The nickel plating has some folds near the core plateau, but it shouldn't be in direct contact with anything, so not too worried about that.

Unfortunately the acrylic top has a huge scratch, which looks like whoever cleaned/polished the top, had a dirty rag/sponge and debris just left their mark... hard to capture on photo, but I think you can see it here:
I couldn't capture it on the rest of the block, but it goes all across.
how long does it take for the shipment?

NJMoo3652

Hey y’all, I have the non-SUPER variant of this card part number gv-n2070wf3-8gc, does anyone know if this block will work with my card? From what I understand all I have to do is remove a 3 pin header which is no big deal, is my card any different in terms of PCB design from the SUPER? Thanks

fortyKnoxy

I also got my block finally after 2 Weeks (because of DHL workers), but no installation yet. I want do change my tubing. I have soft tubing wanna go with hard tubing. Any Ideas, help :)