Help for am4 bracket !

Ludw1ng

Hello ,
Im french sorry for my english, i try to install my new Eisbaer Aurora 360 and i plug the bracket in the wrong side(look picture) and i read the alphacool logo need to be read from the front . Please i need help it’s my first big AIO i got a 3900x need to be cooled .

Attachments

• CCB67FDC-0B4B-4E00-B86A-0189E11EA1C5.jpeg
    CCB67FDC-0B4B-4E00-B86A-0189E11EA1C5.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 17

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The best way to mount the Eisbaer is if the window faces upwards. The window must not point downwards, otherwise the probability of air reaching the pump is highest.

Ludw1ng

The best way to mount the Eisbaer is if the window faces upwards. The window must not point downwards, otherwise the probability of air reaching the pump is highest.

Thanks for the answer , yes i know and i mount the am4 bracket in the wrong side that not let me place the windows faces upwards .
How i can remove the am4 bracket on the pump ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The clamps can easily be pulled apart again. That's quite difficult. You have to work with some force to get them apart again. If you put some screws in the bracket it's easier to pull them apart because you can pull at the screws.

Ludw1ng

The clamps can easily be pulled apart again. That's quite difficult. You have to work with some force to get them apart again. If you put some screws in the bracket it's easier to pull them apart because you can pull at the screws.

ok i will try

Ludw1ng

Thx for the help i did it ! That's was difficult the bracket is a little damaged but still good . Everything work fine now !

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Nice :) In the near future we will have new brackets with another gab. So it will be easier to disassamble it :)

Slam Cannon

Sorry to res an old thread but I encountered the same issue after putting the brackets in the wrong orientation like a dummy, I was able to pull them back apart by putting screws through the holes (as recommended) and using pliers to grab onto the screws and pull them apart. While this method worked, the brackets are now a little loose when put back on (loose in up and down motion). However while the brackets are tightened down to the motherboard backplate it's not much of an issue so far. Definitely recommend designing the brackets so that they are easier to pull apart in case of this situation. Really enjoying the cool temps on my 3900x after installing, thanks for an overall great product.