Eisbaer LT360 - can top up?

ubiquity

Hi,

I am running the Eisbaer LT360 together with a Eiswolf cooler for my 1080Ti.

This was working fine in my old 4690k build, but I have now transfered this to a new 9900k build.

In this new build the radiator is in a new location (side rather than top) and I think from connecting and disconnecting the Eiswolf a couple of times has resulted in a small loss of liquid within the loop, which has resulted in air finding its way into the LT360 pump (it does make more noise than before, the sound of air being moved along with the water).

My new build will POST, but the CPU temps are very high in bios and it will not boot.

With the LT360, is it possible to top up the liquid in the loop? (hex bolt on side of cpu waterblock?). In the videos you show the non-LT version being topped up, but not the LT version.

If ths is possible (and I certainly hope so,) can I use either distilled water or CKC Cape Kelvin Catcher to top it up with? I am not sure what is used as default in the LT360...

Thanks for your assistance,
Richard.

ubiquity

I am guessing you can add water into the reservoir based on this breakdown - 219

Would be great if you can confiirm this.

Also not sure what to use to top up with... 'Alphacool Ultra Pure Water' perhaps?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi, sorry for the late answer. Sure you can add some distilled water or our Ultra pure. But since your pump was running fine before you mount it on your new system could you send us a Video to info@alphacool.com or post it here. We will check if you have to add some water or if the pump is broken.

davido_labido

Hi Ubiquity,

I can only mirror the apologies of a late reply, I said I would take charge of this post and then I had to leave the office on an emergency and couldn't reply.

I will make a video either today or tomorrow showing how to top up the Eisbaer LT too, but first, if you could send the video to info@alphacool as @Vanzin mentioned that would be perfect. It just allows us to see the issue easier and let's us check everything :).

ubiquity

Hi Vanzin, David,

Many thanks for the responses. I am currently on holday but can produce the video from early next week (Monday).

I thought it might be water due to the sound it was making, and the fact that the rpm speed of the pump was being correctly reported from the motherboard to the bios.

Thanks,
Richard.

ubiquity

It is very strange, as the temps are very high for bios, and it freezes when trying to boot windows or anything else.

The CPU pump is on CPU OPT connection so you can see the rpm speed is registering...

Occasionally the tempos are okay on boot, but this is rare, and when it restarts after exiting bios its back to super-high temps - https://photos.app.goo.gl/u9KKXAAGKmFRvMNo7

Let me know if you believe this is a failed pump, or if it could be an air bubble trapped in the pump...

Thanks,
Richard.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
The pump are workng right? Have you cheked the flow rate? How is the print of the thermal paste (i know stupid question but we need to ask :)) ?

Last edited:

ubiquity

Not quite sure how to validate the flow rate of the pump. It is reporting rpms to the motherboard, but not sure how to verify its actually working in the LT360... please can you confirm?

Davido and Vanzin suggested I provide the video from which they could assist further...

With regard to the thermal paste, I did check it and re-attach the CPU block just incase this was the problem - it looks like it has good coverage...

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I'm sorry, I saw in your video that the IN and OUT on your Eisbaer LT are mounted wrong and you have to change the red and blue quick connections.
If you look at your Eisbaer LT so that you can read the logo, the IN is at the top and you need the blue quick-release.
In your current version, both pumps work against each other so that there is no water flow.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Yeah I am sure xD The Top is the IN and the one down is OUT. At the moment are both INs together so you do not have an water flow.

ubiquity

Hi Vanzin,

There is no other method to connect them apart from the setup I have. The blue connector only connects to the red, and the red to the blue; you are not able to connect a blue to a blue or a red to a red as they are different adapter types (male vs female)

The setup I show matches that of the documentation provided by Alphacool on the correct way to connect the system, and moreover, it is the same setup I was using in my previous rig for my i5 that worked flawlessly, so I do not see how that could have been the 2 pumps working against each other...

Thanks,
Richard.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hey Richard,

that is correct how you mount it but the red and Blue Quick connections from the Eisbaer LT are mounted wrong. Where the red one has to be the blue one. It seems that we made an mistake in the production. If you want to connect the Eisbaer LT and Eiswolf together you have to switch it. Alternative you can make two loops. Then you should have good temperatures.

ubiquity

Hi Vanzin,

That explains the situation more fully. As a test, I removed the gpu from the loop and now the temperatures are back down to below 30.

I could purchase a new radiator to connect to the gpu, but I was only intending on doing this if I felt the tempertures were too high when running both the cpu and the gpu from the 360mm rad. Moreover, if I did this I would intend to run this within a single loop as this means there would be some redundancy in there would be 2 pumps in the loop should one fail (as suggested in your documentation).

One of the main reasons for purchasing the Alphacool system was the simplicity of extending the loop without having to resort to custom builds. This is completely negated if I need to take apart the lt360 to reverse the connections to the cpu block due to a mistake during production! I would also need to get more replacement fluid, which I do no currently have.

Please advise what you can do to resolve. If this is a manufacturing issue as you state, I presume you would be able to provide me with a new lt360 with the in and out connections correctly configured?

Thanks,
Richard.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,
Sure we can replace the Eisbaer Lt. You need to send the Eisbaer LT to us with a copy of your invoice and a short notice. After that we will replace it asap. Our address is:
Alphacool International GmbH
Marienberger Str. 1
38122 Braunschweig
Germany

ubiquity

The picture on your website also shows the LT360 model with the connectors going in the top, so I am wondering if all of the LT360s are manufactured with this fault - 1566302266422.png

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There, thank you very much for this information it seems like the photo is made with one of those ones where the connection sits wrong. We will change it. And no not all of them are having this problem only at the first production line we had some :)

ubiquity

Rather than post the item from UK to Germany to seek a replacement (Would the postage costs be refundable?), could you perhaps offer a free postage or discount if I order a Alphacool NexXxos Eiswolf / Eisbaer Ready replacement radiator from yourselves? I would rather have both the CPU and the GPU in a single loop, but this would overcome the problem for me...

Let me know, thanks,
Richard.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi I think you have misunderstood us. You do not need an new radiator. This will not solve the problem until u switch the Quick connections on the Eisbaer LT. The Blue Quick connector is there where the water comes in and the red one is where the water comes out. Since the quick connections on the Eisbaer Lt are mounted wrong the water comes through the red one in the Eisbaer LT. If you have an Eiswolf in the System and connect the red one of the Eisbaer LT and the Blue one of the Eiswolf together there is no water flow since the pumps are working against each other.