Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 1080mm Nova Radiator confusion

Good morning everyone.

I currently have a NexXxoS XT45 1080 radiator on my setup. My problem is confusion on the product page as it contradicts itself somewhat.

It mentions using 140mm fans, 200mm fans and 120mm fans.

I currently have 9x120mm fans on the radiator but Im not really happy with the noise level. The product page stated that 200mm fans can be used, so I purchased these and it turns out they do not fit!

Can anyone confirm what alternative fans can be used specifically with this radiator other than 120mm fans that wont result in then not actually fitting on the radiator or not protruding over the edges of the radiator?

I have this radiator mounted on the roof of a Thermaltake Core X9 pc case and it "just" fits with the use of some 3d printed mounting brackets so there is literally no room of fan overhang.

Can anyone assist with this matter? I was even thinking of going for a 360mm fan imported from the usa but its expensive with shipping and no proof it will actually fit so not worth the risk.

Regards.

20200912_085140.jpg20200912_085120.jpg

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @EconomyFishFinger

Without wanting to attack you personally now. I think you messed up something. There is the Nexxxos XT45 1080 and the Nexxxos XT45 1260.
The description of the 1080 says that you can take the 120mm fan or use it as a passive radiator without a fan. The 1260 has 9 x 140mm or 4 x 200mm fans. The 1080 just has a cooling surface of 350 x 350 mm, so you couldn't mount a 200mm fan, as they would protrude 25mm on each side. So my Thermaltake fans are flush with my 2 420 radiators, your fans may be a bit bigger. I attach a picture of myself. That it bothers you in the volume will also be due to the fans, that depends on whether your fans are even intended / suitable for a radiator. I don't know now.

I hope I can help you, just ask if you have further difficulties.

I also have the Thermaltake Core X9 case

Best regards Marcel

IMG_20200913_124649.jpg

Hi @EconomyFishFinger

Without wanting to attack you personally now. I think you messed up something. There is the Nexxxos XT45 1080 and the Nexxxos XT45 1260.
The description of the 1080 says that you can take the 120mm fan or use it as a passive radiator without a fan. The 1260 has 9 x 140mm or 4 x 200mm fans. The 1080 just has a cooling surface of 350 x 350 mm, so you couldn't mount a 200mm fan, as they would protrude 25mm on each side. So my Thermaltake fans are flush with my 2 420 radiators, your fans may be a bit bigger. I attach a picture of myself. That it bothers you in the volume will also be due to the fans, that depends on whether your fans are even intended / suitable for a radiator. I don't know now.

I hope I can help you, just ask if you have further difficulties.

I also have the Thermaltake Core X9 case

Best regards Marcel

Hi and thanks for the response.

I think the description on the Alphacool website has some errors in the description regarding the 1080/1260 rads. Think they mixed up some of the information.

I'll just have to stick with the 120mm fans and get some quieter ones. Absolutely love the Core x9 case, so much room!

If you ever get the x45 1080 rad it fits really well into the case but just needs a couple of 3D printed mounting brackets. Hopefully intend to use this with a watercooled rtx 3000 card.

Regards,

Andrew

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey

I would compare a couple of 120mm fans, everyone has their own preferences. With or without RGB, control range .... Yes, that's right, that's why I got it. I am completely satisfied with my radiators.

Best Regards Marcel

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The description in the shop is correct. Ther you can see that on the 1080 only 120 mm fits and on the 1260 only 140 or 200 mm fans. Or where do you see a fault?

Smokeyninja

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are not responsible for the article texts or other information provided by resellers in their shops. They receive data sheets from us with all details and article texts. But most shops use their own article texts and these are obviously wrong in this case. Only 120 mm fans fit on the Nova 1080, not 140 or bigger ones.

Aymincendiary

I need the mount for the 4 200mm fans. I assumed it came with the radiator and it doesn't. I'm willing to pay for the mount as it would be cheaper than sending back my Thermaltake 200 mm fans and exchanging them for 120mm fans. Probably should have gotten the radiator in my hands before ordering fans so I assumed it came with the mount as the description shows in a picture on the website. Thanks.