£5K Monster PC for Mumbo Jumbo

Cre8 Modding

In late 2020 MSI got in touch with me to create a system for a client, this was to be a gift for Christmas to replace an aging system. At the time they couldn’t tell me much, just that it needed to be a show build but not over the top, have a black and white theme, and that under no circumstances should there be a hint of rainbow puke anywhere.

That sort of brief doesn’t make things easy and then, more pressure was added. Once MSI and the client confirmed everything they wanted in terms of hardware, they could finally let me know who this system was for. This was a system for a guy called Oliver Brotherhood, or, as he is more commonly known, Mumbo Jumbo.

Now I will admit that I didn’t have a clue who he was and so I had to have a quick Google. It turns out Mumbo is a Minecraft influencer with close to 7m YouTube subscribers, having an 11-year-old son who plays a lot of Minecraft, I mentioned Mumbo Jumbo and he immediately got excited, he knew exactly who I was talking about. At this point, I’m starting to feel a little old and out of touch
:)

[IMG]

So with Mumbo needing his new PC rather quickly, I didn’t have much time to get a full build log going, plus it was kept under wraps. Now, finally, I can show off what I came up with as Oli has the system to hand and is planning to release his own content on this system.

In terms of specs, we have;

• Thermaltake Technology Inc Level 20 GT
  • Intel I9-10900K
  • MSI Z490 Godlike
  • MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim 24G
  • Corsair 128 GB (4 x 32 GB) 3600MHZ
  • Samsung 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
  • Be quiet! (English) Dark Power Pro 12 1200W
  • Alphacool English CPU Custom Loop
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

In terms of the hardware, the only choices I could make were for the CPU loop and power supply, between Oli and MSI they picked the hardware list and I am sure this was done before AMD 5XXX launch. Now the 10900K isn’t a slouch by any means but I do wonder if Oli would have gone with AMD or if he just simply prefers Intel-based systems.

I am more than happy with how it turned out, especially given the time frame and the brief. MSI wanted to keep the 3090 Suprim 24G air-cooled to show it off and that meant I could keep the CPU loop a little more manageable. I didn’t know how much experience Oli has with filling and draining systems for maintenance and so this way, it keeps everything really simple.

As I mentioned, my lad loves Mumbos videos, and its great for me to be part of something where by me building Oli a system, he can then in turn make more content and then go full circle. Will sure put a smile on my face to know my lad is watching content produced on a system I built!

Find Out More:
https://www.instagram.com/officialmumbo/