3080ti FTW3 Ultra and the Eiswolf V2 360 Thermal Pad Sizing

Toieo

Pretty straight forward. Eiswolf is on the way, as is the 3080ti. Since I'm going to be doing a teardown on a very expensive card, may as well make sure the pads and such are good. I think the Eiswolf comes with some but can't be sure.

Either way, I'm willing to spend a few more bucks to get some high quality ones (if the ones it comes with are mediocore or worse) but I need to know what size and thickness to get.

Also, should I get some higher quality thermal paste while I'm at it? Or is the stuff it comes with good?

Toieo

To anyone finding this later, I was able to get all of the Thermal Pads sizing information from the manual which I found online since the physical unit isn't here yet I didnt have that already.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
You don't need to buy anything extra. Our AIOs contain thermal pads with 7W/mk, which was recently named the price-performance winner by IgorsLab. The thermal paste with 16 W/mk also does more than just reliable service!

Toieo

You don't need to buy anything extra. Our AIOs contain thermal pads with 7W/mk, which was recently named the price-performance winner by IgorsLab. The thermal paste with 16 W/mk also does more than just reliable service!
Appreciate you getting back to me because I was curious about the thermal rating of the supplied pads and paste. I didn’t see that in the manual though there may be a spec sheet somewhere that I didn’t see.

I ended up getting some Gelid 12w/mk pads and Noctua’s NT-HT2 (or something close to that) since it’s served me well though I don’t recall what’s it’s rating is. The included paste may be better at 17w/mk so might end up using that instead.

Anyway, thanks! Very excited

Toieo

for your Information, an interesting test by IgorsLab on the subject of heat conducting pads! ;-)
Thanks for sharing, I’ve cancelled the Amazon order for those Gelid pads.

I was having a hard time finding matches to the spec sheet. I could find some sizes but not all and the reading I was doing said do not stack pads.

Trying to find a brand that is good and has 1mm, 2mm, AND 3mm is tough. Can find one or two sizes but not all three.

Then trying to find one that has all three sizes AND a rating of 12w/mk was even harder.

The reason I even looked around anyway is because it was suggested to me to get 12w/mk. If the max power consumption on the 3080ti is 450w, is this even necessary or will the included 7w/mk be good enough?

Appreciate you taking the time to reply and sharing that information, saved me 100 bucks in useless thermal pads

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are including 7W/mk pad for the Rams and vrm in the scope of delivery. Only the 3mm pad is only a 3,5W/mk because we only use it to stabilize the PCB. IF you want better thermal pads, makes sense for the rams, than use 11 or 14W/mk Apex soft pads.
Thermal pads with more than 11W/mk are very expensive because they are very rar on the market.

Toieo

We are including 7W/mk pad for the Rams and vrm in the scope of delivery. Only the 3mm pad is only a 3,5W/mk because we only use it to stabilize the PCB. IF you want better thermal pads, makes sense for the rams, than use 11 or 14W/mk Apex soft pads.
Thermal pads with more than 11W/mk are very expensive because they are very rar on the market.
That’s what I was seeing. I actually found those ceramic pads at 17w/MK but they were $36 each and were only like 60x60mm.

After reading the reviews on them, I decided it wasn’t worth it. As a brand, I trust you and I think I will just stick with what you’ve provided. At least for now.

I won’t be pushing this card to its absolute limits anyway.

Really appreciate you all taking the time to answer questions and if I do end up replacing the pads after testing things out, I’ll look for those Apex ones

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
You're welcome! That's why we have the forum - to be able to help quickly and without complications!