A few questions about pumps and fittings

Hello,

I bought the "Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir" so that I can add it into my "Alphacool Eisbaer 200 CPU - black" upon expanding it with a GPU water block (for additional flow/power)

The issue is that the only way this pump can fit into my system is if I place the eisstation 40 DCLT right after the 200mm radiator, and the 200 mm raditor has to be installed upside-down in my case.
So, firstly I would like to ask if this layout is okay? or would I need yet another pump xD? or different secondary pump placement?
Secondly, is it okay for me to install the 200mm radiator upside down (with the intake/output holes at the bottom of the case)?

Thirdly, my "eisstation 40 dc-lt" only came with one O-ring, is this correct? I am afraid I might be missing another O-ring, the instruction manual is not clear on how many O-rings are supposed to come in the package.

layout idea.jpg

Fourthly, the "eisstation 40 dclt" came with a special fitting/adapter, that lacks a tubing compression. I noticed that this fitting is made up of two halves, and that it sort of spins. I was not sure if these two halves are supposed to come apart, or if it is just made that way so that it can be rotated (for oriantation/positioning) after tightening. I was turning it a lot trying to figure out how it works, and I may have loosened it a bit. Is it possible to replace this part alone (in case I may have damaged it)? or can it only be purchased with another eisstation 40 dcLt

eisstation 40dclt adapter.jpg
This is not the exact image of the adapter that comes with the Eisstation 40 DCLT, but I have used the image of another fitting to illustrate what I am trying to describe about the fitting/adapter that comes with the Eisstation 40 DCLT. both ends of the adapter can counter-turn and If done too much the halves can separate a little bit. I may have separated the two halves a little bit thinking that the adapter was supposed to be separated. I dont think I damaged it because it is still very pretty difficult to turn both sides (still tight), but I wanted to know if it is possible to replace this part if necessary

I hope you understand me, thanks for the help

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Basically, the set-up is OK & will work. The Eisstation 40 DC-LT was designed precisely for this purpose (use in servers). Have you looked at the manual? It explains well what is possible.

The fitting is also OK. The functions such as the pull-out & the rotation are intentional so that you can make the fit of the reservoir on the radiator even more flexible.You just must not go beyond the internal O-rings when pulling out. The stiffness comes from the O-rings, of course, because the connection is naturally exposed to a certain pressure and has to withstand it. I would also recommend a second pump. You can easily implement this with another DC-LT2 pump at the ice station.On the subject of O-rings: Each sealing plug has an O-ring.On the subject of O-rings: Each sealing plug has an O-ring. However, it is not enclosed separately, but is already on the plug.