A myriad of questions!

vonBuletzel

hi
i am completely new to this pc watercooling, i've read for 2 lives and now i have the first project:
- motherboard: ASUS TUG X470 Gaming plus
- proc: ryzen 5 2600 3.9
- for the CPU i have one alphacool eisberg 240
- GPU: one ASUS RX 5700 XT
- AIO for GPU - one alphacool eiswolf 240 gpx pro for rx5700/5700xt

now the questions:
- first major question is: where to connect the fans for the eiswolf? i've searched the youtube, there is no clear answer to this as it seems that the GPU connector for fans can not be used due to the space; is there any possibility to connect the fans to the gpu card?
- second question: can i expand from those 240 rads for both cpu and gpu to 480 for each? so to have the eisberg strapped to a 480 rad and the same for the eiswolf to another 480?
- third question: can i add one reservoir for both mini loops? like from the eisberg -> eisberg 480 rad -> reservoir and back to eisberg and eiswolf -> eiswolf 480 rad -> reservoir and then back to the eiswolf?

i am sorry if these questions have been aswerred before, i've searched them, did not find any answer what so ever.
many thanks
vonB

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
- first major question is: where to connect the fans for the eiswolf? i've searched the youtube, there is no clear answer to this as it seems that the GPU connector for fans can not be used due to the space; is there any possibility to connect the fans to the gpu card?
-> Your board should actually have 4-PIN fan connector(s). You can connect the fans there
- second question: can i expand from those 240 rads for both cpu and gpu to 480 for each? so to have the eisberg strapped to a 480 rad and the same for the eiswolf to another 480?
-> I think as CPU AiO you have an Eisbaer? If so, the easiest way for you is to connect both AiOs in one circuit. The cooling surface of the two 240 rads should be sufficient for the loop.
third question: can i add one reservoir for both mini loops? like from the eisberg -> eisberg 480 rad -> reservoir and back to eisberg and eiswolf -> eiswolf 480 rad -> reservoir and then back to the eiswolf?
->A reservoir is always helpful! A) It makes system maintenance much easier & B) it ensures that any air bubbles in your system are removed.
i am sorry if these questions have been aswerred before, i've searched them, did not find any answer what so ever.
-> You don't need to excuse yourself ;-) The forum is there to answer your questions! So, no problem.

vonBuletzel

Your board should actually have 4-PIN fan connector(s). You can connect the fans there
i know i can connect there, but i am wondering how to connect on the actual gpu board in order to use the fan setup from radeon software;
I think as CPU AiO you have an Eisbaer? If so, the easiest way for you is to connect both AiOs in one circuit. The cooling surface of the two 240 rads should be sufficient for the loop.
no, the cpu aio is an eisberg 240. i know it says it is not compatible but i do actually have a am4 bracket that seems to do the trick;
from my calculations one 240mm rad will not enough; the question was if replacing the 240 with a 480 the pump will still have enough to push through this new setup;
then the third question if both loops with 480 rads can use same reservoir

your quick reply is most appreciated

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

it isn´t possible to use the fan connector on your GPU. It is intended to connect to fans to your motherboard. Unfortunately the Eisberg is EOL since a few years even before I startet here 5 years ago, so I don´t know which pump was integrated and how much power it has. Maybe @Eddy knows this old product and can help you.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The pump is a very old version of the DC-LT pump. Strong enough if you change only the radiator to a 420mm version.