Active Backplate for inno3d 3090 ichill x4

ruitam

HI Alphacool,

I have an inno3d 3090 ichill x4 and I've bought recently an Alphacool Eisblock Aurora GPX-N RTX 3090 which I'm very happy with.
but I'm still seeing that the memory is still very very hot. which is a well known issue for the 3090, since the memory is placed in the back of the board, so the waterblock can't reach.
Do you have (i can't find it) or planning to have a active watercooled backplate?

Thanks,

1619690304003.png

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are planing an active backplate for the future. But this temps are not normal. We dont have such temps in our tests, also not our board partners. Maybe the thermalpads have no real contact?

ruitam

Thanks for the fast reply.
I will recheck the thermal pads. What are your benchmark temperatures? so I can have a base of comparison. Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
With mining.... ~95°C but also depends on radiator space.... 360mm is needed.

ruitam

Ok, I will also need to check that. I have two 240mm radiators, one lopping before the GPU and another one lopping before the CPU. Do you think is enough? or should I replace the 240 with a 360? Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Which CPU do you have? I would recomend 100-120W waste of heat for every 120mm radiator surface if you want to run the fans with ~ 1000rpm. And a 3090 has ~ 400W... with OC easy to get 500W waste of heat from this card.

Bullant

This is interesting to read, I just purchased the new Eiswolf 2 AIO for my 3090 x4, I mine with it 24/7 (when not gaming) and was really hoping the watercooling would bring the memory temps down as I can't go above 90MH/s without hitting memory temps above 104c ... Is the 95c you are seeing for mining at the full 120MH/s? If so, then I guess I'm happy although I was really hoping it would come down further than that.

Alext141023

HI Alphacool,

I have an inno3d 3090 ichill x4 and I've bought recently an Alphacool Eisblock Aurora GPX-N RTX 3090 which I'm very happy with.
but I'm still seeing that the memory is still very very hot. which is a well known issue for the 3090, since the memory is placed in the back of the board, so the waterblock can't reach.
Do you have (i can't find it) or planning to have a active watercooled backplate?

Thanks,

View attachment 2423
May you send a link to where you bought the water block for you rtx 3090 ICHILL x4

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
@Alext141023

Please check your PCB-Number before purchase! ;-)