Advice components for red devil 6900xt watercooling

torytrae

Hi guys, never built a watercooling system before. I am looking to get my red devil 6900 xt into watercooling.
So far I identified the cooling block:
- Aurora Acryl GPX-A for Red Devil 6900 xt

I added the following compontents (based on no knowledge, just guessing):
- Pump: Eisstation DC-LT with 40 DC-LT tank
- AlphaTube TPV 12,7/7,6 10 feet
- 1x Alphacool HF coupling TPV (do I need this? One enough?)
- Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 Full Copper 240mm Radiator

Would these work well together?
What other items do I need? I see hard tube fittings recommended etc. but have no clue if I need them or how many.

Thanks!

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
hi, thanks for your enquiry, enclosed is a recommendation for a working setup for a custom water cooling system:

1. 1x Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 360mm prefilled AIO Edition
2. 1x Eisstation DC-LT with 40 DC-LT tank
3. 1x Aurora Acryl GPX-A for Red Devil 6900 XT
(please check the pcb number of your card for compatibility with the cooler)
4. 3x Alphacool Eiszyklon Aurora LUX PRO 2 Digital RGB (120x120x25mm)
5. 1x Alphacool Eisbaer TPV Extension kit (tube and fittings)
6. 1x Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear
7. Filling bottle 1000ml PE-LD

or you can use our AIO solution, where you get a pre-filled, ready-to-use system:

The choice is yours ;-)

torytrae

Thanks Thomas, the problem with both options is the availability it seems. There is no stock for the Eiswolf 2 AIO, correct? The 360 prefilled NexXxos also is not available in the next months. Any options that are available in the near future?

Thomas_S

Staff member
For the Eiswolf 2, you probably have to allow for some delivery time at the moment. This only works if you pre-order the AIO. Waiting for permanent availability would be negligent.

Alternatively, you can do it this way:
1. 1x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 360mm Radiator V.2
5. 2x Alphacool Eisbaer TPV Extension kit (tube and fittings)
6. 2x Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear

Regards

Arke1

hi, thanks for your enquiry, enclosed is a recommendation for a working setup for a custom water cooling system:

1. 1x Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 360mm prefilled AIO Edition
5. 1x Alphacool Eisbaer TPV Extension kit (tube and fittings)
6. 1x Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear

or you can use our AIO solution, where you get a pre-filled, ready-to-use system:

The choice is yours ;-)
Apologies for reviving such an old thread. But i see you recommended the AIO, which states that it only fits a reference design, even though the OP said he had a Power Color Red Devil.

As i have a Red Devil, i am thinking it would just be easier to just pop in an AIO and that's that.

Would that AIO actually fit a 6900XT Red Devil ?

Thomas_S

Staff member
Apologies for reviving such an old thread. But i see you recommended the AIO, which states that it only fits a reference design, even though the OP said he had a Power Color Red Devil. As i have a Red Devil, i am thinking it would just be easier to just pop in an AIO and that's that. Would that AIO actually fit a 6900XT Red Devil ?
--> The following AIO fits your card:
@Arke1 --> Sorry, we don't actually have an AIO for your card, only the custom cooler as already described above! No idea how I got the info.... wrong copy paste, wrong look, coffee deficiency....

Last edited:

Arke1

Hi,

The PCBs seems to be very different, as shown in photos below, the Red Devil one is much wider then the reference.

Also, the cut out in the block looks to be smaller to facilitate only 2x 8 Pin power connectors, as the Red Devil has 3x 8Pin connectors.

Attachments

• aio.JPG
    aio.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
  • red devil pcd.jpg
    red devil pcd.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 6900XT-PCB1.jpg
    6900XT-PCB1.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 2

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@Arke1
Please check your PCB number. Should look like this: 16GBD6-3DHE/OC
It could be that Powercolor has changed the PCB for the Red Devil. But than you must have another PCB number. If the PCB number is different, they changed the layout and the Reference block wont fit.

Arke1

@Eddy
The PCB number is that one, 16GBD6-3DHE/OC. So it is the same PCB they used up until now.
I was just looking at the physical differences, like 3x 8Pin connectors and the fact that it is wider than the reference as it has more phases and the waterblock would have to cover more space between the chip and the outside of the board where the pump is for the AIO.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
A few more phases and capacitors are sometimes no problem. We can see on the PCBs that in some places the option for more components has been kept open. For this we then make more cut-outs on the cooler so that we can increase compatibility. This should be one of those cases. Here I rely on my colleagues who always check and verify such things.
If the PCB number matches, it will fit. There are some manufacturers who launch a new layout under the same PCB number, but that happens very rarely and PowerColor is not really known for that. Rather Gigabyte and MSI.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@Arke1
Oh wait.... we maid a fault here. We have only a DIY cooler for your block NOT an AIO solution. That was a missunderstanding here.