Advice for cooling Ryzen 7 3700X & Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro

Sgt. Imhotep

Hi,

I hope you are all keeping well and safe.

I'm new to the forum as I have only ever used AIOs to watercool my CPUs, however I want to watercool my new Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro as well and so need to move to a dedicated system as there are no AIOs to cool the GPU.

Currently I have a Corsair H115i on my CPU which is a Ryzen 7 3700X on a MSI B550-A Pro motherboard in the Fractal Designs Meshify S2 Case (the one with the black smoked glass panel).

The GPU to be cooled is a Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro and using the GPU-Config I have found that I should be able to use the Alphacool items 11930 or 10667 on this GPU and that both these waterblocks come with backplates.

I'm looking at the Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU (article no. 11286) to cool the CPU and then I was planning to the use Alphacool Eisbaer Quick-Connect Extension Kit (article no. 12548) to connect the Eisbaer 360 to the GPU cooling block.

My question is do I need any additional pumps or radiators to make this an efficient setup and are there any other components/accessories that I would need to complete the setup?

I'm concerned about the space in the chassis for the radiators/fans if I have to fit two radiators, the case specs say the following "Support for radiators up to 420 mm in the top, 360 mm in front, and 280 mm in the base" however the space in the bottom of the case is really unusable with a 1200w PSU and all the cables down there and I am concerned by the top space as I'm not convienced that there is a lot of clearance on the Motherboard/RAM.

So my plan was to fit the 360mm Radiator and Fans to the front of the chassis with the fans pushing the air from the outside through the radiator. I could possibly fit a second 240mm radiator with fans in the top as this would move them away from the components/RAM on the motherboard hopefully enough to provide clearance.

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be given.

Best regards,

Tony.

Sgt. Imhotep

Just looking at the manual for the case again and it seems that the clearance issue with the motherboard/RAM is only related to fitting a 140/280/420mm radiator in the top of the case.

So I could fit 2 x 360mm if needed.

This would make my setup the following, based on my research:

1) Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU (article no. 11286)
2) Alphacool Eisbaer Quick-Connect Extension Kit (article no. 12548)
3) Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 360mm radiator (article no. 14158)
4) 3 x Fans for the 2nd Radiator

Is this the best 2nd radiator to buy, the images don't show any hoses attached so I assume I would need either another set of the 12548 above or maybe the Alphacool Eisbaer GPX Extension Set 90° (article 12542)?

Also I cannot locate the fans that are on the Eisbaer 360, would anyone know the article number for these?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

fans on Eisbaer 360 are same like article number: 24800 (Eissturm set has the same fans)

But to be honest. Two radiators, Eisbaer and a GPU block are a bit too much for the pump inside the Eisbaer. With one radiator, its not a problem but i would not recomend to use it with 2 radiators.
The better way would be a complete DIY water cooling set.

For example.
Alphacool Eissturm Set: 11468
Second 360mm rad: 14158
4x more fittings like that: 17078 or 17226 (or maybe if better for you a 45° or 90° version, but you need 4 more fittings)
1L more liquid like: 18188, 18614 or 17313
GPU cooler: 10667 or 11930

Its a bit more expensive yes, and you have to built everything together, but its not so hard. And with the DDC310 pump you will have a good flow and better coling performance.
The tube wich comes with the Eissturm set is long enough for everything. Maybe a further 3pcs fan adapter would be nice to have for the fans on the second radiator. For example: 18479 (we have different length, check it out)

Sgt. Imhotep

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for the prompt response to my post.

I appreciate the advice and will look at the options you have given, whilst I don't want to spend a fortune on a solution like some manufacturers are looking for I also don't want to do it wrong and damage anything in my PC (the GPU was very expensive :cry:).

Based on your reply I am assuming that having 2 radiators is the recommended setup for CPU and GPU water cooling, would I be able to use a single radiator with the Eisbaer 360 and GPU block or would this not sufficiently cool things down before returning the liquid to the CPU andGPU blocks?

Cheers,

Tony

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
A single 360mm radiator is enough if noise is not a problem. For example, in one of my systems i have a Threadripper 1950X + 2080TI with a 360mm radiator. But the fans have to run with around 1200rpm under full load to get more or less good temoeratures. The heat is similar to the setup you like to built. If that is ok for you, you can go with Eisbaer 360 and the gpu block.