AIO Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU expand

agapitox

Good morning,

I have an AIO Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU, in which I am thinking of adding a radiator more than 240, will I notice improvement? is to cool a i9-10850k with a little OC to which I put continuous workloads and with the 360 aio makes me thermal throttling easily.

At first, I had thought of acquiring a 240 radiator (NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 240mm prefilled AIO Edition) but I see that there is no stock until the end of June.

So I have thought of buying the radiator and connectors loose and fill the circuit. can you tell me what components I would need for this?

Finally, what is the order to mount it? I was thinking of putting the 240 radiator at the top of the tower and the 360 in the front.

Thank you very much

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you have CPU throtteling with a 360mm radiator, the problem is somewhere else. A CPU is not able to emit so much heat that the 360mm radiator is overloaded. We cool server systems with 1500W waste heat.
A second radiator will not be a solution here.

What fans and fan speed do you use and what temperatures do you reach on the CPU? Have you ever remounted the cooler? Possibly changed the thermal paste? What does the thermal paste print on the CPU look like?
Nuts are included with the mounting material, but you have to tighten them very far to the bracket, otherwise they rest on the motherboard and prevent an accurate contact pressure. Please check this or leave out the nuts altogether. They are not necessary for the assembly and will also be omitted by us in the future. They should only simplify the assembly by holding the screws on the holder until you actually screw it.