AIO solution for cooling a 500w LED

Darius123

Hi!

Im trying to find a AIO solution for cooling a 500w COB LED and i thought maybe you guys could help me. Efficiency of the LED is ~0.2, so at least 400w will be just heat. Operating temperature should not exceed 60 °C. Is there any way to cool this with a compact, maintainance-free solution? Maybe the Eisbaer LT360? Or maybe a "custom" AIO solution like a NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 560mm with an cpu cooling block with an integrated pump (like Eisbaer LT Solo)?

Sry if these are some kind of stupid questions, but i just can't find out how to calculate if a cooling system is capable of cooling a specific device. If someone knows a way to do that i would appreciate some infos or links. Right now the only way i see is trying it out...

Thank you, Darius

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Unfortunately, we lack the empirical values here. It could work with a normal water cooler (e.g. Eisblock XPX). Here, care must be taken that the water temperature does not exceed the value of 60°C. I would advise against using Eisbaer LT360 here. The pump can be damaged due to the high heat radiation.

Darius123

Thanks for the reply!

A short follow-up question: Would the LT360 be capable of cooling a 200W-LED (~200w of heat), so that temperature stays below 60 °C?

Last edited: