Alphacool 17370 Eiszapfen HF quick release connector kit G3/8 inner thread with reducing nipple G1/4

Iron Lion

Hey, rmbr me? lmao

Just to check real quick but will the Alphacool 17370 Eiszapfen HF quick release connector kit G3/8 inner thread with reducing nipple G1/4 fit with the

Alphacool HF 13/10 compression fitting G1/4 - chrome sixpack type fittings? I cant rmbr how big my tubing is but i know the fittings are obv g1/4. The naming just has me a little confused. So im guessing one g1/4 compression on each end of each QD right?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I do not get your poin dude. G1/4 is the screw thread size and we need to know the tube size to answer this question.

Iron Lion

No my tube size is irelevant, i just need to know if g1/4 compression fittings will fit the Alphacool 17370 Eiszapfen HF quick release connector kit G3/8 inner thread with reducing nipple G1/4. Because it says "These compact couplings have a 3/8" thread on both sides.To use the standard 1/4" thread you need a adaptor from 3/8" to 1/4"." but also says it has a "reducer to 1/4" so which is it? Does it need the adapter or does it come with one for g1/4?

Can i screw a g1/4 compression fitting on to each of the QD's? Does the QD have the reducer or not? Is the thread on the QD or adapter if it has one male or female?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
To use the standard 1/4" thread you need a adaptor from 3/8" to 1/4" which is included. With this adapter (picture 6 on the product description) you can use both side with any G1/4 screw thread connection that we have in our shop..

Iron Lion

Thanks so much! Just wanted to make sure the QD's i mentioned with the adapter had g1/4 female threads so i can conect g1/4 compression fittings. I want to use them by cutting and inserting them in the main in and out tubes so i can isolate all my blocks (CPU,GPU and MB) inbetween two hidden QD's so that if i have to work on the actual PC part i can do it without draining my whole loop first.