Alphacool Eisbaer 360 with AM5 support?

sswelm

I want to buy a new AIO with extensibility similar to the Alphacool Eisbaer 360, however with support for AM5, what to do?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Quite simple. Here is a list of all CPU AiOs that are compatible with AM5!

There you can choose freely according to your requirement profile

sswelm

According to Alpha cool site , it supports AMD AM5, however on another site the same AIO (with the same EAN code 4250197117715)

does not list AM5 compatibility. I seen the same on ther sites, they all do not list AM5 support. What am I missing here?

Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

all water blocks which are supporting AM4 are also compatible with AM5. The mounting is completely identical. You can find the updated manual directly on our website.

sswelm

HI,

all water blocks which are supporting AM4 are also compatible with AM5. The mounting is completely identical. You can find the updated manual directly on our website.
That might be the case but 99% of the online retailer seem to think otherwise, why is that?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
That might be the case but 99% of the online retailer seem to think otherwise, why is that?
Because most dealers are too lazy to update the compatibilities. I don't know which stores you buy from, but I actually know few that haven't done it. Seems to be more of a country specific laziness.

katesmith1304

Hi, I recently bought an Alphacool Eisbaer Pro Aurora 360 and was wondering if this is normal. Because I thought you generally don't want air in your loop. For me personally the bubble doesn't look like a problem. It even helps indicate that there is flow haha ^^

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

Every AIO has Air in the system and the radiator is working as a reservoir. Otherwise, if your water is getting hotter, it will explode ( dramatically said). Warm water is expanding its volume, so you have to make sure that you have the space. In a Custom Loop the Air is in the reservoir.

IcyStorm

Yep i had the same questions and issues, when i was looking to buy AM5 cooler. See for example when its not listed on the site customers tend to wonder around.

I would give as an example - Arctic cooling solution is specially made for the AM4/AM5 new hot spots. 3D cache is slightly moved upwards...so i was suspicious about the fact alphacool didn't changed anything....

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

if you have checked the Computex, we have shown a new AIO, which is specially designed for the new CPU´s. THe Eisbaer itself won´t be changed anymore and the mounting on AM5 is identical to AM4.