Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora expension

Loichur

Hello,

I just ordered the Aurora 360 AIO and I'm wandering if it make sense to add another radiator in the loop (NexXxos 280 prefilled version), processor is a Ryzen 3900X.
If yes, how the connection should be done and do I need to add some liquid ? Is the Pump of the Aurora strong enough for two rads ? Any idea of the gain in term of dB ?
My case is Fractal Design Meshify 2, so the Aurora 360 will be on the top and i have some room in the front for a 280mm radiator.

Thanks,
Loic

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you buy a prefilled radiator, you dont need to fill the loop with liquid. A further radiator is no problem for the Eisaber Aurora pump. Noise will be the same like without a further radiator. But i dont really think that you will get better temperatures with a further 280mm radaitor. A 360 is more than enough for every CPU. Main Problem with AMD CPUs are the 7nm structure wich means that a lot of heat comes out over a very very small surface. So you will not get better temperatures than maybe 70° (+/-5°C) under full load.

Loichur

Thanks for your clear answer, my main concern is the noise, today i have a Fractal Design Celsius S24 as an AIO and I'm really disappointed with the noise (temps are correct, already around 70) even with using Noctua fans.
Hopefully the Aurora will do a better job for the noise level.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Different tests are saying that we the have one of the quietest AIOs on the market :cool: