Alphacool Eiskoffer Professional - bending & measuring kit

kensaund75

For such an expensive price there appears to be something missing from this kit. By that I mean a 3d ruler. The monsoon kit comes with a 3d ruler, but the acool kit only has a 2d ruler. So how does acool expect you to make the perfect measurement for the 3d example shown in their user manual?

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 15
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 14
  • Monsoon Hardline Tools, Mandrels, and Measure Kits.jpg
    Monsoon Hardline Tools, Mandrels, and Measure Kits.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 13

davido_labido

You're correct, there is no '3D ruler' but instead we enable you to break it down so that you can build a mock up of the build onto the plate as shown in e1 on the pictures.

To expand on this a little, with the example with the CPU block and the fitting on the side, you would simply measure the vertical height but using 2 rulers (by the looks of that example it would be the shorter one plus a longer one) to get the hight of the fitting. This would be your first 90 degree bend that goes in parallel. You can actuaally add this to your mounting plate included in the Eiskoffer if you like. Next just flip the ruler 90 degrees and measure from the fitting to center of the other fitting.

It does seem a lot more complicated, but once you get the hang of it it is just as easy. Quite often with '3d rulers' there are other components in the way, or you can't quite hold everything hence the lack of a 90 degree bracket.

Having said that, this is the first time this has been mentioned to us from a customer so I will pass it on. If one customer thinks it, usually many others do and we always try and make our customers happy :)

Jag23

You're correct, there is no '3D ruler' but instead we enable you to break it down so that you can build a mock up of the build onto the plate as shown in e1 on the pictures.

To expand on this a little, with the example with the CPU block and the fitting on the side, you would simply measure the vertical height but using 2 rulers (by the looks of that example it would be the shorter one plus a longer one) to get the hight of the fitting. This would be your first 90 degree bend that goes in parallel. You can actuaally add this to your mounting plate included in the Eiskoffer if you like. Next just flip the ruler 90 degrees and measure from the fitting to center of the other fitting.

It does seem a lot more complicated, but once you get the hang of it it is just as easy. Quite often with '3d rulers' there are other components in the way, or you can't quite hold everything hence the lack of a 90 degree bracket.

Having said that, this is the first time this has been mentioned to us from a customer so I will pass it on. If one customer thinks it, usually many others do and we always try and make our customers happy :)

Hello, I'm a little confused, the manual for this kit states on page 52 in English, "All bending mandrels and stoppers are de-signed for tube diameters of 12 or 13 mm and 16 mm" (I'm assuming it's talking about the hardtube outer diameter) but the product is advertised for 13 mm and 16mm hard tubing? Can you actual use this kit for PETG tubing 12 mm OD, 10 MM ID?

I'm interested in this bending kit, I'm no expert but I wish there was a detailed video on how to take measurements from the inside of my PC case to the bending plate. For ex. how to measure from my CPU block which is located on the side wall of my PC case to the radiator fitting which is located on the inside top part of the case and take the measurement of those two items where both measurements are not parallel to each other? The manual doesn't really offer much detailed explanation on how to measure. It basically just says, measure one fitting to the other fittings but doesn't really show you how in detail for 3d objects. Again "Alphacool" please make a detailed video of different scenarios on how to measure 3 dimensional objects and take the measurements onto the 2 dimensional bending plate and bend the tubing to exact fit!

p.s. I've also emailed Alphacool but no reply from them regarding how to use this bending kit especially when it comes to measurements. Can you please provide the correct email address or phone number to contact Alphacool. Thanks.

eliot

hello I am interested in the kit but I have to use 14mm tubes which do not seem compatible to me.
Can you tell me if this kit exists for 14mm (outer diameter) tubes or if I can use this kit?