Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090 critical temperatures.

AGaming+

Good afternoon, I finally got my water cooling. Honestly, I was very happy and waited for the guys to change the factory air for water. But what was my disappointment - when I turned on my PC. And I saw the temperature. That in any applications and games, the memory heats up to 107 - 110 degrees. My Palit GeForce RTX ™ 3090 GamingPro even in summer - when the heat was +35 degrees outside. My video card did not get hotter than 96 degrees in the air. And then just disappointment. The back of the card gets incredibly hot. Although the front is barely warm. Can anyone advise what to do in this case ???

3090_2.jpg3090.jpg

Thomas_S

Administrator
Staff member
Hi & thank you for your feedback. Do you have the possibility to send us pictures of your PCB (front & back)? The pads must be visible together with the imprints of the components. Due to the package problem that Nvidia has with 3080/3090 cards, it is possible that certain components do not have sufficient contact to the pads. Here is a link to IgorsLab, which explains the problem in detail.

AGaming+

Hi & thank you for your feedback. Do you have the possibility to send us pictures of your PCB (front & back)? The pads must be visible together with the imprints of the components. Due to the package problem that Nvidia has with 3080/3090 cards, it is possible that certain components do not have sufficient contact to the pads. Here is a link to IgorsLab, which explains the problem in detail.

Good afternoon, today your official partner changed the thermal pads on the front side, which were 1 mm, by 1.5 mm, and the temperature dropped by 5-10 degrees. In stress tests, from 106 C to 96 C, but in some applications I still see 106 C, although it was more than 110 C before. I will think about how to reduce the temperatures further. I will ask the guys to send me a video of my video card disassembly.

3090_1_5mm.jpg

Last edited:

DarkBytes

this is very interesting , The T junction of my card (gigabyte RTX3090 gaming OC) on air reaches 95 to 96' when stressed ( which is ok ish).

I wanted to try and reduce this ( as well as GPU temps) with the new Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm, but whilst it seems its great at lowering GPU temps it doesn't appear to help with mem temps on the back of the card and may actually make them worse ?

are you guys considering making an active backplate ?

AGaming+

this is very interesting , The T junction of my card (gigabyte RTX3090 gaming OC) on air reaches 95 to 96' when stressed ( which is ok ish).

I wanted to try and reduce this ( as well as GPU temps) with the new Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm, but whilst it seems its great at lowering GPU temps it doesn't appear to help with mem temps on the back of the card and may actually make them worse ?

are you guys considering making an active backplate ?

Today I once again disassembled the card and replaced the thermal pads themselves. On the expensive Thermalright Odyssey Thermal PAD 1.5 mm, which allowed me to lower the temperature a little more. But I ran mining tests. And the temperature was still very high. Already about 98 - 100 degrees at maximum ETH settings, I can also say that the radiator begins to fail to cope with the cooling of the liquid. And it gets very warm. How I solved this problem. I directed another fan to the backplate and glued 4 heatsinks there through a thermal pad. I also put another fan on the radiator grill. This was able to lower the temperature by another 5 to 7 degrees.

I can say for sure - if you are mining, then this cooling will not help you. No active back. But even if you put the active side on the backside. You need to think about how best to cool the fluid in the system.

3090_1_5mmNew.jpg