Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro ATI RX Vega overheating

Casper87

Hi guys

I purchased an Eiswolf 240 for my Vega 64 about 2 years ago and have been reasonably happy with it.
I've been running with the pump and fans on max for about 6 months as the card started getting warmer. About 3 months ago my computer started turning off spontaneously as my card temps rose to above 85 degrees.
I disassembled the waterblock, removed and reapplied the thermal paste and had a month or so of good cooling performance until the issues started again.

Its now started again, with my gfx card reaching 85+ degrees and forcing my computer to turn off while playing wow classic and even with graphic settings fairly low, and the card undervolted.
Anyone have any advice? Currently im considering changing to a custom air cooler for my vega 64, but it feels silly having spent a lot of money on this waterblock.

Any help is much appreciated!

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI Casper,

It can be that you have to clean the Eiswolf. It can be that the fins are clogged. For this you have to simply dismount the water block and remove the copper plate and flush it with some distilled water. After that mount it again and make sure the O-Ring is sitting correctly and refill the system with some distilled water.