alphacool eiswolf 240 gpx pro heating issue

Xnitro67

so i finally got a hold of my brothers gpu aio cause it was overheating. i notice the pump is still working but i am able to touch the pump but i can not even touch the whole gpu. we thought it was a bubble or just low but i refilled it. at times it would overheat but was able to go into bios and set the pump at full speed for a bit then turn to normal and it would work fine for a couple days but now that dont work. also i think its an early revision cause its the m01. so now my thoughts are the pump is not contacting right or the thermal pads need replaced..? maybe? idk...

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hey, sorry to hear that dude :( Is the pump not working at all? How is the flow rate? Can you shoot a couple of photos and upload them here please? Thank you.

Xnitro67

not exactly what was going on all i did was refill it, take it apart, redid the thermal paste (there was alot more than i thought), and made the screws loose but not tight and now it keeps cool and doesnt even go over 60c. im not sure what was working cause at the time the rad was cool but the pump was warm so something was cooling right. but hey it did help me understand tubing a bit more i havent gone full custom loop yet. just a note the first it started was when i put his pc on its side but that shouldnt of done that but now i think also the mobo was making the pump work as it should of since the temp in x16 slot was only going 35c and not changing now its plugged into his corsiar commander and being controlled better.

adamdopp

I was looking at the 120, don't have room for the 240 in my case unless the hoses would go from middle of an ATX mobo to top of a mid tower.

You think the 120 would still be better than a dual fan air cooler? Or how about the upcoming evga hybrid kit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
All Hybride coolers are normal Asetek CPU AIOs (Like Corsair series) for the GPU only and your Ram, vram and other stuff will only cooled by a normal cooling block with a small fan.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Depends on the components that you have in the loop. CPU block and a radiator should be not a problem but any other block or radiator that you add to the system will make life very difficult for the pump.

Xnitro67

so if i add a cpu block and res and possibly a 360 rad the pump will be okay note i was going to use this gpu cooler/pump

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Another 360 mm radiator :unsure: Why every one wants to torture this little thing? I would recommend to get an AIO and connect both together really.