Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080/2080Ti - M02 Pin connector Question

Hatrix

Hi, if you could help me please, I recently bought Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080/2080Ti- black M02 for my Zotac RTX2080ti AMP! and i have a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master and i want to know what is the best place to put my pin connectors from waterblock and from the 2 fans.

This is the manual

I am currently using SYS_FAN5_PUMP for the waterblock pin and SYS_FAN6_PUMP for both the fans with the 2x3pin-to-4pin plug. Is there a better way? Should i connect the 2 fans separate?
Also what program should i use or should i just stay with the motherboard fan bios settings?
What about fan curves?

Thanks
manual.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can connect it how you want. Only important point, you must set the bios configuration on max rpm. So 100% without any regulation.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The "Sysfan-pump" header is only important for the bigger pumps. They need more than 12W. That is too much for a normal fan header with 1A (max 12W). The pumps of the Eisbaer and Eiswolf AIOs need only ~4W. So you can use them on any connector. But like i said... it is important that they are running with full speed without any regulation.

And the fans.... use them on any fan header you like. Doesnt really matter on wich one. If you want to control them over your CPU temperature, use the CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT.

radeondutch

Not to hijack this thread... but why shouldn't we regulate the pump to lower RPM? is there a particular reason?