• Dear forum members,

due to illness of several of our support staff members, we are currently only able to respond to support requests to a limited extent.

Thank you for your understanding.

------------------------------------------------------

Liebe Forenmitglieder,

aufgrund von Erkrankungen einiger unserer Supportmitarbeiter können wir zur Zeit leider nur sehr eingeschränkt auf Supportanfragen reagieren.

Danke für euer Verständnis.

Alphacool Extreme 280 Cooling Capacity

kofiv77

Hello,
I am building a dedicated CAD system which I will be using the new 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10900KF processor. The chip has a Power Limit 2 of 250W... however, I will also be overclocking the the processor and will want to sustain 5.0/5.1GHz clock speeds. Can you please confirm the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme Liquid CPU Cooler Core 280 - Black Edition will have the cooling capacity to cool this processor with a power loss of 300-320W when mounted horizontally/vertically and overclocked? If not can you please comment on the upper performance limit? It will be mounted in a Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black ATX Modular high Airflow TB case.

Thanks

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
At the end, 300-400W are not a problem, but only with high rpm fans. If you want it quiet, than i would prefere a 360 mm XT45 radiator with push&pull configuration. Than you can run the fans with 600 rpm to get good temperatures with 300W and more.

crum3le

If you haven't already seen it, take a look at Gamers nexus review and testing of this case on youtube... I think the water cooling might not be the thing to worry about? :)