am4 mount screws Q

fr05ty

i recently purchased a eisbaer 280 to use on my 3900x i think the temp's might be ok it gets to 67-70 deg c when running cinebench r20, the problem is when i screwed the bracket down to the backplate 2 of the screws never stopped/got tight to turn, they give a click and can continue to turn (i stopped after i heard the first one). 2 of the 4 screws are like this, does anyone know what thread size these are or where to get some replacements from, the alternate is to buy some nuts and screw them onto the thread behind the backplate to pull it tight against the cpu.

fr05ty

Hi
if you PN me with your address or write an Mail to info@alphacool.com we can send you the needed screws for free
thank you very much for doing this, just one follow up question if i wanted to add 90 deg fittings to the pump/res what would i need to do this just so it takes the strain off the tubes going up to the rad eg. some form of liquid and 2x 90deg fittings

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,
you will need following fittings and some distillied water or our CKC to refill the system.

fr05ty

No this does not sound like air in the system :( Is the sound disappeared or still there?
If I unplug it in like in the video it goes away last time it happened was about 2-3 weeks ago, and I did the same unplug reply and it stopped, its running in an amd 3900x temps never go over about 60°c when i convert a video to test with it under load

fr05ty

@Vanzin or @Metropolis34 sould i be concerned about the thread depth with the replacement screws that turned this week, the one on the left is what came with my eisbaer 280

edit: i just changed the mount screws over along with a new back plate i ordered and have just tested it seems to be working at the same temps under a cin.r20 load thanks for all your help on this, 5 star, highly recommended company :)

20200208_121243.jpg

Last edited: