AquaTuning.us/Alphacool: How can I talk to someone?!?!

AlphaCustomer

I've been wanting to buy an HC-2200A for weeks now but no one ever answers the phone or returns my emails...

Is AquaTuning.us truly showing stock in the US or will I be waiting weeks/months for my order to arrive from Germany stock?

1) Is the HC-2200A a bad choice? It's only $500 more than the (half capacity) similar but less than half cooling capacity model. Only downside is ... apparently it doesn't come with a power cord? Does it at least have the three leads (hot/neutral/ground) for me to connect/assemble my own?

2) Armaflex. The "OC Team" website demonstrating/discussing its use is down. Which products do I need and where do I need to put it for a loop with just my CPU in it (for now; 10980XE btw) and X299 DARK motherboard? Secondarily, ASUS Pro WS X299 SAGE II motherboard. **10/13mm tubing though I am willing to change!**

3) 3090 Founder's Edition waterblock. Do you have any in stock? If so, part numbers for the US site, please? I intend to use the mp5works backplate, so is it still worth liquid cooling over stock?

Goals:
- 5GHz all core or greater on 10980XE.
- Butter smooth stability on my 3090 FE. Got a bitspower block but it was damaged in transit and missing parts/showing signs of being used... ***** Amazon marketplace sellers.

Thanks!

EDIT: I apologize if I seem short-fused or hostile. It's not my intention. I'm just very eager to get going on this as I've put it off for so long. I hope you'll understand.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Aquatuning does not have a warehouse in the USA but ships from Germany. I can't say anything about support, because we don't have anything to do with their support. Nor do we have anything to do with their orders. We do ship from the same warehouse, but orders and support are completely separate.

1. chillers of all kinds are normally not used for cooling normal PCs, but for machines. Chillers are quite noisy and no one wants to have one next to their PC. The difference between the two chillers lies in the maximum cooling capacity, the data for which can be found in the respective article text. I can't tell you any more about it at this point.

2 We don't deal with such things, so I can't help you here.

3. FE coolers are currently out of stock, but will probably be available again next month. But to be honest..... i am not really sure about that because of too many preorders. Maybe we will not have enough for new orders.

How well a CPU can be overclocked always depends on the CPU. The best cooling is of no use if the CPU doesn't play along.

You don't have to apologise. You are asking legitimate questions. As far as we can answer them, which is unfortunately not completely the case here, we will of course answer the questions.

AlphaCustomer

Aquatuning does not have a warehouse in the USA but ships from Germany. I can't say anything about support, because we don't have anything to do with their support. Nor do we have anything to do with their orders. We do ship from the same warehouse, but orders and support are completely separate.

1. chillers of all kinds are normally not used for cooling normal PCs, but for machines. Chillers are quite noisy and no one wants to have one next to their PC. The difference between the two chillers lies in the maximum cooling capacity, the data for which can be found in the respective article text. I can't tell you any more about it at this point.

2 We don't deal with such things, so I can't help you here.

3. FE coolers are currently out of stock, but will probably be available again next month. But to be honest..... i am not really sure about that because of too many preorders. Maybe we will not have enough for new orders.

How well a CPU can be overclocked always depends on the CPU. The best cooling is of no use if the CPU doesn't play along.

You don't have to apologise. You are asking legitimate questions. As far as we can answer them, which is unfortunately not completely the case here, we will of course answer the questions.

Eddy,

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it.

I understand what I'm getting myself into with the chiller –– the risks involved (condensation, dew point, etc.). I intend to utilize a climate controlled box (likely a modified chest freezer) to keep the system in...likely sans PSU, though. If not a chest freezer, perhaps I'll hire a(n) HVAC crew to build what would essentially be a half-sized 42U server rack enclosure / box and insulate it to bum-fuck Egypt and back, then stick something like an OP portable A/C in there, or something... This is where the armaflex from armacell is meant to come in. It's apparently able to eliminate the risks of condensation, if applied properly! There are other methods/precautions, too, of course.

Right now my loop has a D5 and a 420mm rad that I took off of one of your Eisbaer 420mm AIOs. My 10980XE can definitely do 5GHz, I just need more surface area/radiator to make it happen.

1) Can you compare/contrast the MO-RA3 360 PRO and MO-RA3 420 PRO to your 14391 (1080mm Nova) and 14396, please? I'm impressed with the pricing on your radiators compared to the MO-RA3 units.
1a) Will a single D5 be enough to handle one of these units?
1b) I'd like to run two D5s anyways in my current loop for more control. Overkill it may be, it will be useful / satisfactory for some planned experimentation, nonetheless... Is EK the only brand that sells a dual D5 or do you offer the necessary adapter(s) to optimally connect them for dual operation? The D5 NEXTs look great – I was obsessed with your Eheim Aquastream/Aquaero unit with the telemetry / screen on the pump with controls and such, but it seems the D5 NEXT is the modern choice – am I correct, or are there still advantages to the Eheim over the D5 NEXT?

2) Right now, how long (on average) are you seeing your shipments to US customers take to arrive to the customer in the US once the order has been placed and paid for?

3) Wait, so AlphaCool is or isn't also AquaTuning.us / associated with AquaTuning.us?
3a) Does aquatuning.us have a US warehouse/US stock, or it's also all coming from Germany?
3b) Unfortunately, even on AquaTuning.us, I've found many pages to still be either partially or (in majority of cases) entirely in German except for the title... Do you have plans to revise these articles any time soon? It would definitely increase conversion rates, surely!

4) Is there a tool that I can input my loop components and be told/given an optimal layout for the plumbing?

5) Is it possible for me to reach someone at alphacool for over the phone/voice-based pre- and after-sales support? I'm willing to pay for this as a service, given that you would certainly be putting me in touch with someone who knows your shop's inventory/products quite well and I would thus be able to make much snappier, well-informed purchasing decisions with such support.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If a 420mm radiator can't provide enough cooling for a CPU, you won't get better performance with more cooling surface. Then the problem is more with the heat transfer from the CPU DIE to the heatspreader. A 420mm radiator is enough to dissipate 400-1500W of heat, depending on the fan and its speed.

We do not compare our products with those of other manufacturers. Therefore, I cannot tell you anything about this.
1a. If everything is on the same level, then a D5 is enough. But if you're aiming for a huge flow, then it's going to be tight. However, our coolers are designed in such a way that a high flow rate does not really improve the cooling performance. They are low-flow optimised.
1b. Dual D5 tops can be found under item number 13322 (brass version) and 13312 (acrylic version). All D5 pumps are made by Laing or Lowara. Each brand only sticks its own adhesive on them. You cannot use the D5 Next with our dual pump tops because they are too thick due to the displays. I am not sure if you will have similar problems with other manufacturers. Eheim pumps are aquarium pumps and are not really intended for water cooling. They date back to the stone age of water cooling when there were no alternative pumps like the DDC or D5.

2. if the goods are in stock and delivered by UPS.... 3-4 working days.

3. Alphacool and Aquatuning have the same owners, but are treated completely as separate companies. We have absolutely nothing to do with orders placed with Aquatuning and Aquatuning has nothing to do with orders placed with Alphacool.
3a. No, they only have one warehouse in Germany. Just like us. But you can also buy products from us at PerformancePC, Titan Rig, ModMyMods and many other shops in the USA.
3b. This is simply because Aquatuning.us is being cut back and Aquatuning is becoming more and more of a distributor. In other words, they supply the US shops with goods.

4. no, there is no such thing. The cases differ too much for that.

5. in the imprint you will find a phone number you can call. But basically they won't talk to someone for 4 hours to advise them. Especially since you have a lot of questions about products that we don't sell and don't deal with.