ASUS ROG Z790 Hero compatibility

Sphinx

Hello,

Quick two questions, just to make sure I order correct setup.
Could you please confirm if Alphacool Eisbaer Pro HPE Aurora 360 compatible with Asus Rog Z790 Hero. Question arise once checking manual and mobo pics. It seems to me potentially installation bracket might cause clash with capacitors (or whatever it is there). I tried to draw what I mean, sorry for low quality, but basically used color code to explain what I mean. Also might be capacitors height is low, so they will stay below, but I have no motherboard on me now to check it.

1672869482000.png

Second question will be is there waterblock performance difference between Pro and non-pro version of Eisbaer AIO water coolers.
Thank you.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

our water blocks are compatible with the socket 1700 and as long as the manufacturer of your motherboard has mounted the socket according to Intel specifications, you won´t have any problems.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Could you please confirm if Alphacool Eisbaer Pro HPE Aurora 360 compatible with Asus Rog Z790 Hero. Question arise once checking manual and mobo pics. It seems to me potentially installation bracket might cause clash with capacitors (or whatever it is there). I tried to draw what I mean, sorry for low quality, but basically used color code to explain what I mean. Also might be capacitors height is low, so they will stay below, but I have no motherboard on me now to check it.
Hi, this should fit, as we end up with the entire body height above the capacitors.

Second question will be is there waterblock performance difference between Pro and non-pro version of Eisbaer AIO water coolers.
Thank you.
What kind of CPU/socket do you want to use?

Sphinx

Hi, thank you for fast responce. I plan to use it in combination with Core I7 13700K CPU.
Therefore not sure if there is real difference in waterblocks between Pro and non pro. However I could not see inside compartment of those waterblocks in any review and direct comparison. Basically saying, it might be best option to go with Eisbaer HPE rather than Eisbaer Pro HPE for I7 / I9 CPUs.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It basically doesn't matter which AIO you take. I have a 13700 at home myself and you will always end up with over 90° under full load. It doesn't matter whether you use the normal version or the Pro version. The CPU has such a poor heat transfer via the heatspreader that it is only topped by the current AMD AM5 CPUs. The difference between the normal and the Pro version is 1-2k in favour of the Pro version. But you won't notice that in practice.

Sphinx

Did some research around, just for curiosity. Some findings shared below.
So that capacitors around is Fujitsu made Aluminium - Polymer capacitor, 6.3V 560mf. Widely seen those on other Asus motherboards.
1672947454145.png

Found them on one of the chinese online stores, it says height of the capacitor is 8mm, which is similar to what I found on digikey for same type capacitor but manufactured by Nichikon. Generally this type capacitors height ranges from 7mm to 11mm.
1672947657127.png

Now interesting part, according to data I found for LGA1700 socket, Z distance e.g. from motherboard surface to top of CPU IHS is in range from 6.5mm to 7.5mm
1672947801485.png

According to Alphacool Eisbaer Pro HPE Aurora 360 datasheet there is 5mm distance from bottom waterblock to lower edge of mounting tray.
1672948442259.png

And if we do small calculation 6.5mm + 5mm = 11.5mm, 11.5mm-8mm = 3.5mm clearance should be available between mounting plate and capacitor.
Sum it up, Pro version of Eisbaer should be compatible with Asus ROG Z790 hero without risk of collision, but need to be careful during installation, not to damage capacitor.
Hope this info will be useful for someone in future if decides to go with Eisbaer Pro and Asus mobo.
Thank you.
Now time to place order :p