Blue Water and Sound Question

desert1701

Hello Alphacoolers,

In November 2020, I ordered an Eisbaer Aurora 240 and started cooling my CPU with it.
Last week, I ordered a 420mm radiator, GPU Block, a VPP755-Reservoir combo, tubing and a quick coupling, and the Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear Liquid.

After installing all the new hardware, I let the pump run for a few hours to bleed the loop of air. After I did that, I connected the quick couplings of the eisbaer to the new loop. The cooling liquid turned blue-opaque-ish (see attached image).
Will I just have to empty the complete loop and replace the liquid, or is this still okay to run for some time?

Second, I have a question about pump noise: My pump, a VPP55 seems a bit loud, when compared to videos I've seen online, where you basically only hear the water sloshing around. I read that this might be due to an overtightened pump housing, but this res-pump combo came preassembled, so I don't know if there is anything wrong with the pump?
Mind, the noise was there before the liquid changed colour!
Sound sample here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVIQg7_cP_ziLvVvFqqYBSodl5oeFNEP/view?usp=drivesdk

I'll be happy about any feedback from you :)

Attachments

• Compress_20220614_084305_5474.jpg
    Compress_20220614_084305_5474.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 7

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The liquid discolors because we use different concentrations in the liquid of the AIOs. You do not have to change that.
I can't access your Google Drive. Can you please share it or upload it elsewhere?

desert1701

I may have actually figured it out. I mounted the pump/res to the case via *hrm* professional case modification, aka drilling holes. The reverb of the pump and the uhm... poorly finished holes amplified the pump sounds. When I dismounted the pump, it was quiet as a whisper. Great product! Now I'll find something dampening to put between the pump mount and the case and it should be fine :)

desert1701

I can report success. I cut out a piece from an old mousepad, put the mounting screws through it and now the sound is greatly reduced. It's still audible, but at a way more comfortable level

desert1701

Hey there, attached is a picture of my overengineered sound dampening solution.

Also that blue colour seems to have settled after a few days away... Are you sure that this is intended and won't harm my pump?

Attachments

• 20220619_203556.jpg
    20220619_203556.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 8

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @desert1701

It shouldn't look like that, at least I haven't seen it that way.
I would empty the circuit, clean the reservoir, rinse with distilled water and refill.

Also get in touch with support ( info@alphacool.com ), something may have gone wrong with the liquid.

Best Regards