Bubbles in my eisbecher d5.

MadMel

its newly installed, im a noob, and ive only watched a few videos online (been searching for more) ive topped up the reservoir, to just under the outake, and it looks great, until i start it, it psrays out the water quite hard, and pushes the water so that it foams up, is this normal? eventually the whole reservoir gets filled with bubbles.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Can you show a picture please?

Think you are running the pump at full speed? That is not needed. And how full is the Eisbecher?

MadMel

I cannot actually, cause i got rid of the bubbles.
I think that i got the d5 pump that doesnt have pwm, so its running at 100% this pushes the water so hard, that the fountain effect causes the water to foam and bubble, (im doing the 24 hour test at the moment)

I used to following video which shows the exact problem i had at 100%

the solution seems to be to fill water over the top of the fountain level so that the foam lessens. its still foaming a tiny tiny bit, but no bubbles are entering the loop after 2 hours.

used the following video.

MadMel

i got the eissturm hurricane pack, and it seems the radiator is v1, and the pump is not speed controllable, or at least there was no cable included for it.
theres nothing wrong with it is it?.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you have the hurrican pump with an Eisbecher, than you got an VPP755 pump. And this pump can control over PWM over your mainboard or on the knob on the bottom. So there is no need to run the pump with max speed ;-)

MadMel

i will try this. i did find a molex to 4 pin fan controller cable - so ill try that :) my 3 year old kid just went to sleep. time to play

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Molex to 4-Pin? You need to put the 4-Pin connector to your mainboard, fan header for example.