Can the new Eisbaer LT92 cool a non-oc'd Ryzen 3950X ?

f13dfx

Hello! Just registered for this forum & wanted advice on this new Alphacool product. In January this year, I built a tiny SGPC K39 case build with a Ryzen 9 3950X w/Gigabyte Aorus X570i Pro Wifi, Alpenfohn Black Ridge w/Noctua NF-A9x14 slim fan, Gigabyte Aorus RTX2070 Mini, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz CL16 LPX DDR4 memory. Been running this setup in ECO MODE (65watts). I do light simracing with F1 2018, MotoGP 20, rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa, as well as the odd capture & rendering of video via Cyberlink PowerDirector 18.

Wanted your opinion on whether your Eisbaer LT92 cpu cooler would be a better alternative in cooling my 3950X in a Lazer3D LZ7 itx case (not the XTD version). I plan to change my motherboard settings to PBO on Auto, and possibly undervolt to -0.0750mv to help lower temps. Ultimately, I want my new build to be as quiet as possible.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
For a quiet system, the Eisbaer LT92 will not be enough for the Ryzen 3950X. To cool that CPU quiet you need a 240 mm version of the Eisbaer. That CPU is very hard to cool down.