Cape Kelvin Catcher and Eiswasser Crystal Clear differences

b_wellington

Hello
Apart from UV activity, what's the difference between the two?
Alphacool liquids are one of the easily obtainable where i live, the price is literally the same for each bottle. What would be a better liquid to buy?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Crystal clear is without any additives. It is pure osmosis filtered water. Cevlin Catcher has some additives against bacteria formation and lubricants for the pump

b_wellington

Crystal clear is without any additives. It is pure osmosis filtered water. Cevlin Catcher has some additives against bacteria formation and lubricants for the pump

Hello. Are you sure you are not talking about Ultra Pure?
I went ahead and bought Eiswasser Crystal Clear UV Blue - this is clearly not pure water.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sorry... poor description on my part... Crystal Clear is osmose fileterd with UV..... Clear Water is more or less the same but without UV.

b_wellington

Sorry... poor description on my part... Crytal Clear is osmose fileterd with UV..... Clear Water is more or less the same but without UV.

Are you sure about the contents? There is no info on the bottle itself. I have two bottles of it, both have some small particles and when you shake them foam bubbles appear.
There is some information in the internet claiming it also have some biocide.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Oh... totally forgot, there is a drop of Glutaralhehyd inside. This serves to prevent the formation of algae and has an antibacterial effect. I checkt the data sheets.
Sorry... was longer time ago since somebody asked for that. And i never use any UV liquid, only CKC or Tec Protect.

b_wellington

Oh... totally forgot, there is a drop of Glutaralhehyd inside. This serves to prevent the formation of algae and has an antibacterial effect. I checkt the data sheets.
Sorry... was longer time ago since somebody asked for that. And i never use any UV liquid, only CKC or Tec Protect.

Thank you for answers. Is it safe to use with copper radiators, epdm rubber tubes and nickel plated blocks?
I will filter-out those small particles in the bottle.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yes, thats not a problem. Can you show a pic of that small particles? I am not sure if that is ok, because the only very very very small particle you should see are the UV particles.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Dont use this liquid. That particles are not normal. Seems like the liquid is contaminated. PLease get in touch with our support team to get a new bottle: info@alphacool.com

b_wellington

Dont use this liquid. That particles are not normal. Seems like the liquid is contaminated. PLease get in touch with our support team to get a new bottle: info@alphacool.com

I live in Russia i doubt your german support can help me with that.
I could just return it, i have not opened the bottle and i am within 2 week window. But are you sure this is serious problem? I mean, both bottles are like that and i've seen other people saying they had particles.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I'm pretty sure. But as always, it is always difficult to determine something like this from pictures. But actually there should be no visible particles. I also had our support professional confirm this again.

b_wellington

I'm pretty sure. But as always, it is always difficult to determine something like this from pictures. But actually there should be no visible particles. I also had our support professional confirm this again.

Thank you.
I tried to return it, but i forgot that liquids isnt something you can just return within 2 weeks like anything else. Some local law nuances.
I will have to write a ticket, if it's ok i will attach your messages as a confirmation that there should not be any particles.