controlling loop for GPU and CPU

arcadeperfect

Hi
How does one go about controlling the fan / pump speeds based on both GPU and CPU temps, as opposed to just CPU based on the motherboard's CPU fan header?
Thanks!

Hemuli

Check the sw called Argus Monitor. Easy to use and you can use it to control all your fans and pumps based on different sensors in your computer (CPU, GPU and motherboard temps) (options for fans and pumps: Bios controlled, manually controlled or Curve controlled based on sensor temperatures).

crum3le

good find Hemuli, most of the Loop Connect-er type software would need to be better to be called alpha, or just plain doesnt work. Ive got 7 temp senors and 10 fans via mobo, mobo extension card and controller box spread over 3 software"control" systems. IF it can do temperature controlled alerts, its perfect for me.

Thanks

Hemuli

@crum3le you can make it to give you alert based on temperatures, even HDD temperatures. It also notifies you if pump or fan stops working. Been using it now for few weeks and been very satisfied with it (spent a lot of time trying to find a SW that can do this).

crum3le

@crum3le which software control systems are you using? Just curious :)

lol, dont get me started about this...

EK loop connect.
The idea is excellent, 6 fan headers, 6 aRGB headers and 3 temperature inputs. Hardware not so much; my first box had, er, "manufacturing issues" (there was a 0.5mm gap between the PCB and the pin header for the aRGB outputs. Consequently if you tried to insert the female aRGB socket more than once, it snapped off the very brittle pins! 2nd one didn't have that issue - I would have resoldered it had it been the same.)

The inputs available include flow rate and reservoir level sensors, which given the rest of the project may be vapourware.

The software, EK admit, just doesn't work. The interface is one of the strangest you can find outside of a predator movie and just as obscure. One of the largest water cooling distributors in the UK is offering a no questions asked RMA on the product. in the attached pic, you can see the gap between the PCB and the header, you might also just be able to make out a couple of the broken pins nearer the camera.

From what I read online most of the aRGB / fan control software is er, an area that requires some development in the areas of maturity and security.

its been a less than pleasant customer experience..

Attachments

• loop connect PCB issue.jpeg
    loop connect PCB issue.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

crum3le

@crum3le you can make it to give you alert based on temperatures, even HDD temperatures. It also notifies you if pump or fan stops working. Been using it now for few weeks and been very satisfied with it (spent a lot of time trying to find a SW that can do this).

downloaded it and playing now... It looks SOOOO much better than what I've seen up until now. I'll buy it unless I find some weirdness buried in a critical part. Nice find, many thanks