CPU backplate on EVGA z790 kingpin?

Jbs007

New build and started to install cpu backplate sits on this chip. It is slightly higher than the back of the cpu. Anyone come across this? My thought is that I will just grind some of the alpha cool core backplate XPX/Eisbaer lga 115x/1200/1700 metal. Came with the Eisbaer Pro Aurora 420 cpu aio.

6560BE85-E9B9-4F01-A76F-AE3B7E35C31D.jpeg

2D9B7312-0F21-4FA3-865D-A1502F217F3D.jpeg

Hello Jbs007,

Yes, if you feel able to grind the backplate at this point, you can do so. There are so many different types of motherboards that there can be no universal backplate that fits perfect for all.

Therefore, in your case, you can do the work yourself.

Please be careful and only do what you are sure of. Otherwise, please ask again.

ajihaan33

You will not be taking a performance hit at all unless you get a lower quality z690 board(cheaper board might not oc as high). The only difference in the chipsets themselves are more pcie lanes so unless you need a lot of m.2 storage you will be fine with z690. Also remember that you will most likely need a bios update if you go with z690 so get one with bios flashback if you don’t have a 12th gen cpu to do that with.
netgear login

pikashow.ltd

Last edited:

Jbs007

Everything up and running the 13900k is a hot chip. Going to pull of check the pattern for thermal paste. And install a thermal right CPU contact frame. 88E897C2-999E-4A08-A54B-4D021A93C893.jpeg

Jbs007

Another question. The instructions say to tighten the socket assembly fasteners hand tight to the motherboard. Should the springs be fully compressed? Anyone know the suggested torque specs? I have a low torque screwdriver that I use to mount optics. Also looking for a way to pick up the water temp to control the fans. Can the fill port be used to mount a Alphacool Eiszapfen Temperature Sensor Flat Fitting G1/4 - Black (17596)?

Thanks

syammalik

The EVGA Z790 Kingpin motherboard is a high-end motherboard designed for gaming and overclocking enthusiasts. When it comes to the CPU backplate, this motherboard typically comes with a pre-installed backplate or an integrated I/O shield that helps with the installation of the CPU cooler.
my pc.jpg