Eisbär LT360: Sensorik erweitern

GuruSMI

I just realized that i'm inside the english spoken branch. So i just rewrote/translated. Sorry for that. :)

Hi together,

since a couple of weeks i own an Eisbär LT360. The system is designated to cool my AMD Ryzen 3800x on a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master. I exchanged the original vents by Susurro because of the not that great output. They are mounted to soak the air through the radiator to the outside. The whole system is housed in a BeQuiet Silent Base 801. A Sapphire Pulse 5700XT is mounted vertically to free the area of the PCH fan. For that i use a PCIe 4.0 riser cable. I have installed 32GB 3600CL18 with 4 modules. Also a Sabrent Rocket 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD and an Intel 660P 2TB PCIe 3.0 are mounted. Both are NVME M.2 drives.

The Vents are controlled by the motherboard. I did connect the Eisbär pump at System_5_pump. For the pump i use a 7Volts adapter and keep them running at 100% (1700upm) fixed. The radiator vents are connected to CPU_OPT. AFAIK as mentioned in the manual. Hereby the Vents are controlled at runtime with different speeds. As mentioned before those are not the original ones but the much better Susurro. Also all other vents of the case are controlled by the motherboard. I installed one 140mm vent at the bottom, three 140mm on the front and one 140mm at the back. All case vents are BeQuiet Pure Wings and blow into the case. With that configuration i have a higher air pressure inside the case and the hot air (by Graphics card, VRM, PCH and RAM) gets out through every hole (even the smallest one). The vents of the graphics card aren't running for about 98% of time. All over the temps doesn't look that bad. Tthe VRM Temps doesn't exceed 40°C at even at load. Only the PCH has higher ones. Inside the PCH-chip there are 63°C but outside the same as the VRM. 40°C.

The problem i face is much more that the radiator vents spiin up and down all the time. This is mostly because the temperature used to control the vents is taken from the CPU value. And that one jumps up and down by 10 degrees within seconds. With that they start to sound horrible and annoying. I adapted the curve of the vents inside the motherboard but now they don't spin enough when under heavy load. So i got the idea to control those radiator vents by the coolant temperature. If the water temp rises the vents need to do a bit more. For that i do need a temperature sensor (Eiszapfen Temperatursensor) connected to the mainboard. On the board i have two input headers for external sensors available. Now. There are two possibilities to mount that measurement device inside the loop. One way is to mount it directly at the radiator. The other way is to use a GPX extension kit and add it there.

So here are my questions:
1. Which version is better to use. Directly at the radiator or by the extension?
2. If choosing the extension kit. Isn't there a need to get some additional coolant?
3. on wich side the fast connector is located? In front or after the radiator when leavin the Pump/CPU.

Oh. By the way. I forgot to say that i'm a totally novice to the theme of watercooling at all. I prefer not having water and electronics together. ;) I'm a german and i excuse my english. I hope it is understandable. I kept the german appended.

And now a short feedback about the Eisbär LT at a X570 Master:
1. An Edge of the mounting bracket ditches all the time directly onto the heatspreader of the first M.2 slot
2. the connectors at the cpu cooler are damn near to the RAM. I had only a few mm between the 90° connectors and the first RAM-slot.
3. I experienced that the best position to mount the cooling device is to have the 90° connectors stright in front the RAM. The text on top of the coolear is readable.
4. One can reduce the VRM temps by blowing air in the back into the case instead of soaking it out. The vent should be reversed in comparision to an air cooler.

--- accidently written original text in german.

Hallöle zusammen,

ich habe nun seit einiger Zeit ein Eisbär LT360. Dieser kümmert sich um das Kühlen meines Ryzen 3800X auf einem Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master. Da die Lüfter der LT360, nunja, nicht die besten sind, habe ich noch drei Susurro dazugenommen. Diese saugen momentan die Luft durch den Radiator. Das Ganze steckt in einem BeQuiet Silent Base 801. Als Grafikkarte kommt eine vertikal montierte Sapphire Pulse 5700XT zum EInsatz. Diese ist über ien PCIe 4 Risercable angebunden. Es sind 32 GB in 4 Modulen verbaut. Weiterhin sind in dem Gehäuse 2 M.2 SSD verbaut. Eine 1TB Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 und eine 2TB Intel 660P PCIe 3.0. Soviel zum System.

Ich fahre das System über die Mainboard Lüftersteuerung. Die Eisbär Lüfter sitzen an CPU-Opt, Die Pumpe an AIO_Pump. Ich habe die Pumpe mittels eines 7V adapters auf 1700rpm gedrosselt und lasse diese aber nonstop anstehen. Die Radiatorlüfter (Susurro) sind vom Mainboard drehzahlgesteuert. Auch die restlichen Lüfter sind am Mainboard angebunden. Ich habe da 1*140mm im Boden (einblasend), 1*140mm hinten (einblasend) und 3*140mm in der Front (einblasend) verbaut. Alle Gehäuselüfter sind BeQuiet Pure Wings. Somit habe ich immer einen leichten Überdruck im Gehäuse und die warme Luft (GraKa, VRM, PCH, RAM )wird durch alle restlichen Öffnungen ausgeblasen. Die Kühlung der Grafikkarte steht zu 98%. Die VRM-Temps liegen bei 40°C (auch bei Last). Allein die PCH Temps liegen bei (inChip) 63°C. Der Meßpunkt neben dem Chip besagt rd. 40°C.

Kaum zu glauben, aber die Eisbär kümmert sich nur um die CPU. Bei dem System handelt es sich primär um ein Arbeitspferd.

Mein Problem besteht darin, daß die Lüfter der Eisbär über die CPU Temp laufen. Da der 3800X mal eben Temperaturschwankungen von +/- 10°C hat, starten und stoppen die Lüfter im Minutentakt und generieren so ein akustisches Sägeverhalten. Ich habe das momentan durch das Anpassen der Lüfterkurve reduziert. Jetzt jedoch läuft die CPU schnell in's Temperaturlimit. Das Ganze wollte ich verhindern, indem ich einen Temperatursensor verbaue und den (am Motherboard EC_Temp1 oderEC_Temp2 verkabelt) als Quelle für die Radiatorlüfter nehme. Nun gibt es zwei Möglichkeiten, diesen Sensor zu verbauen. Die eine Möglichkeit besteht darin, diesen direkt am Radiator anzubringen. Die andere besteht darin, ihn durch ein Erweiterungskit am Schnellverschluß einzuschleifen.

Nun zu meinen Fragen.
1. Welche Version ist die bessere. Direkt am Radiator oder über das Erweiterungskit?
2. Muß man nicht eine Flasche Eiswasser o.ä. mit kaufen, um die Schläuche der Erweiterung und des Sensors zu befüllen.
3. Welche Seite hat eigentlich der Schnellverschluß bei der Eisbär? Vor oder nach der CPU?

Ach so. Ich bin ein kompletter Novize, was Wasser im Rechner angeht. Ich bin eigentlich ein "Wasser und Elektronik passt nicht zusammen"-Typ. ;) Ich hoffe, daß ich euch alle Infos zu System und Problematik geliefert habe, daß die Beantwortung für Euch einfach ist.

Ich danke euch schon jetzt für eure Arbeit und die Ratschläge.

Letztlich noch ein paar kleine Anmerkungen zum Eisbär LT:
1. Die Form der AM4 Halterung stößt bei der Montage des Kühlers sehr schnell an den ersten M.2 Slotkühler
2. Der Wasserauslass in Richtung RAM-Bank (aufrechter lesbarer Schriftzug) ist extrem eng. Da sind nur wenige mm zwischen Ram und Schlauch.
3. Ich habe die Aufrechte Position als Optimum bei meinem Ryzen 3800x ermittelt. trotzdem sind die Temperaturen recht hoch. Sie liegen zwar im Idle bei knap 40°C, Schrauben sich aber zum einen im Minutentakt mal eben auf über 50°C. Zum Anderen ist die CPU-Temperatur im Lastbereich bei über 80°C.
4. Die VRM Temperatur kann man reduzieren, indem man den Hinteren Lüfter einblasen lässt.

Last edited: