eisbaer extreme 280 cases confirmed to fit

wadec22

anyone have the case compatibility for the eisbaer extreme black 280? i know i had seen a list of cases confirmed to work, but i now cannot find it for the life of me.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
We had a compability list but we have removed it from the shop. We do not have the possibilty to check the cases as there are to many different models on the market. The customer statements (for us) are unreliable on this issue.

joethestranger

Hi,

Does Extreme 280 fit into Fractal Define 7? Preferably as top mounted. I have ASRock Taichi 299 XE with quite large vrm heatsink.

If it doesn't fit, will it fit into Define 7 XL?

Thanks,
Joe

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Yes indeed it is very hard to create such a list. I hope someone here in the comunity has got this case and can tell us if the Eisbaer fits in to this case or not.

joethestranger

I have Define R5 (my old build) and Eisbaer Extreme won't fit there. Width wise it would fit, but with quite large motherboard VRM heatsink, there is no way to fit it.

Wonder if it will fit into Define 7. Most likely it will fit into Define 7 XL, but not sure about 7.

joethestranger

I think it won't fit. With radiator in top position RAM / VRM heatsinks can be max 36mm in height measured from the base of MB. For ASRock Taichi XE X299 and TridentZ measured height is above that.

I think I'll go with Define 7 XL.

define7.PNG

joethestranger

It's actually for both. But as XL is itself higher and I'm using standard ATX board, I think there will be enough space between the top of the case and motherboard and Eisbaer Extreme fits there.

willaume

Hello
I have a fractal 7 and the eisbear 280 Xtrem.
It fits but you will have to mod the case.
So it fits at the top and in the front . In my case, It did not clear the ram if placed on top and inside. (it would have required some new holes as well)
if you want to set it on top you will have to mod the top frame and possibly the cover, to get the tubing and the cable through.

for the front (the solution I went for)
you have to create a hole for the refill button
and cut a viewing port for the liquid level.

phil

Attachments

• refill-mod.jpg
    refill-mod.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 32
  • case_mod.jpg
    case_mod.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Eismember

anyone have the case compatibility for the eisbaer extreme black 280? i know i had seen a list of cases confirmed to work, but i now cannot find it for the life of me.

It will fit top mounted in the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL without troubles, however, if you want access to fill port you have to do a little modding.111.jpg222.jpg

Last edited:

joethestranger

Thanks to all. I finally installed it into Define XL and fits nicely in top mounted position. There's just enough room for it to fit above the motherboard.
To use the fill port, a hole needs to be created (like willaume described). Haven't done this yet. It's an easy mod with Dremel.

Tived

Thanks to all. I finally installed it into Define XL and fits nicely in top mounted position. There's just enough room for it to fit above the motherboard.
To use the fill port, a hole needs to be created (like willaume described). Haven't done this yet. It's an easy mod with Dremel.

sorry didn’t read this - happy to hear you got it sorted

Xorlosh

In the Fractal Meshify 2 XL it will fit, but you need distance hulls cause the are some plastic clips in the top cover collide with the eisbaer extreme.