Eisbaer Extreme as a more future-proof solution than CLC (asetek/coolit)

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirit

Soon I am going to replace my R5 2600 (@4.2) on Asus Crosshair VII Hero with new R7 3700X (and overclock it's turbo heavily). The main battleplan was to replace BQ Dark Rock Pro 4 (isn't that quiet due to meh performance after all, had to ramp up the fans...) for Corsair H115i Pro XT (in push & pull, ML140), since I need more clearance inside my Define R6 case (I can't even remove GPU without enrage and tinkering since cooler is too bulky). Also DRP4 blocks my RGB RAM and mobo RGB (I am not that RGB fan but I have pure blackout with only very little of dark red RGB).

But... I had a second thoughts. Eisbaer Extreme 280. It should fit Define R6 front (still I must check if it would have clearance with bottom 140mm fan, removing it is not an option, FTW3 needs loots of fresh air / I don't need 5,25 bay tho since using it is Heresy).
In future I could buy RTX 3000 or 4000 EVGA Hydro Copper and plug it (that VPP pump is the real deal breaker imo). Even if not... I will be able to replace coolant every 6-8 months (always clear & non conductive as much as possible, colored stuff is a nightmare from my experience). Also integrated res...

So I have few questions:
- can the VPP pump be replaced if it dies after warranty period (is it plug & play)?
- is res higher than than pump (tubes coming from up)
- can res blue LED be turned off or changed to red? or should I use electric tape? :D
- What radiator is placed inside the "case"? Normal NexXxos 30mm?
- Which model of Silentwings 3 140mm is used? Every site tells about different RPM's (1000, 1100, 1300)! I have total of 6 x 14cm 1000rpm PWM SW3 inside my case. Would be awesome to use my two existing front 140's 1000rpm SW3 for push & pull with Eisbaer ones. It's a silent build after all. :>
- will the Eisbaer Extreme give me better reliability over CLC? Taking into consideration that I am not a potato and I will care about it (the coolant).
- what about leaks? Still I am kinda freaky about it. I am not talking about human fault thing but the unit itself.
- if I buy the product on invoice (as company, still normal user) will I maintain normal warranty without any creepy cuts?

H115i Pro XT+ ML140 twin pack = 185 EUR
Eisbaer Extreme = 230 EUR (+45€) + I have my own silent wings 3 fans to add for push & pull. But it will be hard to balance two curves if stock ones have different RPM range.

And sorry for gramma if i messed up something, my cat is sleeping on my hand and I don't know how to write using one lol

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
So I have few questions:
- can the VPP pump be replaced if it dies after warranty period (is it plug & play)?

You can repplcae the pumpt agains any Laing D5 pump or our VPP pumps. But it is not so easy. You need to disassemble the hole unit. Possible, but be sure you will need time and patience.

- is res higher than than pump (tubes coming from up)

The pump is inside the reservoir. But i dont really understand this question.

- can res blue LED be turned off or changed to red? or should I use electric tape? :D

I am not sure if we had a white LED inside with a blue cover or if its a blue LED inside. Sorry, mybe one of my colleagues knows that.

- What radiator is placed inside the "case"? Normal NexXxos 30mm?

It is a NexXxoS 280 mm ST30 radiator inside.

- Which model of Silentwings 3 140mm is used? Every site tells about different RPM's (1000, 1100, 1300)! I have total of 6 x 14cm 1000rpm PWM SW3 inside my case. Would be awesome to use my two existing front 140's 1000rpm SW3 for push & pull with Eisbaer ones. It's a silent build after all. :>

Be Quiet Silent Wing 3 with 1300 rpm.

- will the Eisbaer Extreme give me better reliability over CLC? Taking into consideration that I am not a potato and I will care about it (the coolant).

It is a CLC made of DIY parts like all our AIO systems. But the VPP755 has a longer lifetime and with the very huge reservoir it's less likely to have problems

- what about leaks? Still I am kinda freaky about it. I am not talking about human fault thing but the unit itself.

Every water cooling unit can leak. But it is easy to test the Eisbaer Extreme for leaks. Put it beside your PC and connect it to the power supply and let it run for 24 houres. If nothing leaked it is highly unlikely that there will be any leakage during later operation.

- if I buy the product on invoice (as company, still normal user) will I maintain normal warranty without any creepy cuts?

As i know, yes, but thats a question for our support team: info@alphacool.com (not 100% sure about that).