Eisbaer Extreme VPP775 Issue

joeymcjoeysalot

I've been troubleshooting high temps on my computer water loop consisting of eisbaer extreme 280 with the xpx cpu block, nexxos 360 rad, corsair gpu block connected with eisbaer quick connect extenders. I purchasd all parts in May off of amazon.

I was getting cpu temps 100+ and my computer crashing moments after getting into windows. I took everything apart, washed all parts. The nickel plating on the back of the cpu block is corroding and one of the o rings seemed to just be missing.

So I thought it was the CPU block, but I put the CPU on air and ran just the GPU in the loop and the temps on the GPU also peaked as soon as I started a Heaven benchmark.

I was hearing kind of a whir and plunk noise from the pump, but now I don't hear anything. I have tje loop just going through the radiator on the eisbaer extreme outside of the system and when I turn the pump on with molex and shorting the 24 pin I don't hear anything from the pump at all at this point. LED comes on, but I don't see any water movement inside the reservoir.

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_220657.jpg
    IMG_20200822_220657.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200823_111719.jpg
    IMG_20200823_111719.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 14

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, well the nickel on the cold plate is destroyed and i can imagine that the particles moved in to the pump and made it stop to work. You need to write an email to info@alphacool.com so we can send you the spare parts that you need.