Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge AM5 mounting screws

coffeepot

Hi!

For context, I just completed a build using the Asrock PG Lightning 670E motherboard and I had initial trouble mounting the waterblock using the included black screws for AM5.
I finally figured out that the black screws included are painted and the paint gets stripped and can get jammed in the screw hole preventing further screwing.

Would it be possible to not have the screw thread painted on these black screws? I had to get a small screwdrivers to scrape off the paint myself. I assume the tolerances for the thread on the hole and the screw itself didn't account for the paint...

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
So far, there is no known problem. There is no increased number of complaints to our support. Possibility A) The problem lies with the tolerances of the MB or possibility B) You have received screws that have unfortunately got a little more colour during production. (This also happens sometimes, but very rarely).

We can help you with problem B ;-) Just write to the support by email (info@alphacool.com) & describe your problem. It's best to link to this post and you'll get help quickly and easily.