Eisbrecher D5 150mm - inlet on top configuration

Raca7

Hi, I'm planning to use top inlet on my Eisbercher D5 150mm pump/res combo, and I am a bit confused by the manual. It suggests I should remove bottom fountain tube and put a shorter spare tube in the top of the reservoir. Problem is that tube placed on the bottom was holding the anti bubble plate (circular plexi piece with holes) in place. Should I remove it too, or is it safe to leave as is and it will still work?

Manual does not mention the anti bubble plate at all:
IMG_20210110_012729.jpg

Raca7

So I have found an answer to this the hard way.
You have to remove the anti bubble plate too, when I have filled reservoir, it started floating on the liquid. Luckily I was able to take the top off and fish it out with a long piece of plastic.

davido_labido

Sorry we couldn't answer sooner! We don't have people in the office at the weekends. Yes, it is correct, you must take the bubble down out if you're using the tube in the top.

Raca7

No worries, not only it was weekend but I have also posted this at 1am :D

No harm was done to anything, and while this might have been obvious to more experienced builders I guess it would help first timers like me to mention this in the manual.

Still, the build is done and it looks and performs glorious :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I don't know if we'll do another update of this guide. But at least with the new products, we are now paying much more attention to explaining everything better. This is still an old manual. I agree with you, interesting information is missing from time to time. But we are improving ;-)

But as long as everything worked out.... then have fun :)