Eiswolf 2 - 3080ti - Common Temps Backplate overheating + memory temps still hitting 100

Somebody

Hi,

So I installed the EISWOLF 2 on my EVGA 3080 ti FTW3, and it dropped the memory and main temps by a significant amount on ambient, dropped from 42 and 54 on memory, and then with the AIO it is 34 and 52 on memory.

Now that is great, but also not great for actual numbers, in game running at max settings I was hitting 74 and 100 on memory!!! Which is absurdly high, the backplate that the AIO comes with is burning up.

Is this common? Running Timespy I was getting 80.4, and then after the AIO was installed it was 64.6.

So I believe the pump is working, but maybe it's not at 100% or perhaps it's something else??? I feel like it should be able to keep the memory much cooler and same with the GPU core. I have the fans pushing air through the radiator.

Now this is my first time using an AIO, I have repadded GPUs before and I don't think that is the problem, but would love some input as I am not sure what I did wrong or if this is common and to be expected.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Can you send pictures of the pad impressions? Maybe the thermal pads don't have enough contact to the components!

Thomas_S

Staff member
Unfortunately yes! We need the pictures of the pad impressions of the front & back of the PCB.

Somebody

Unfortunately yes! We need the pictures of the pad impressions of the front & back of the PCB.
If they are poor if their is an issue will I be resent pads? Or just tough out of look, asking because then I know if I should order new pads myself, and just warn people about the pads and the issues with it.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It's about the imprints on the pads. Nvidia has a package problem with the GPU. It can sometimes be higher or lower. In order for us to send you proper replacement pads, we would need to see the imprint. Some customers have this problem with Nvidia cards of the 3XXX generation.
This has nothing to do with whether the pads have become hard.
Send the pictures with the info or a link to this thread directly to support: info@alphacool.com

Somebody

Here are the pictures, please let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 2
  • cooler.jpg
    cooler.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 2
  • backplate.jpg
    backplate.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2

Thomas_S

Staff member
So as far as can be seen, some prints are not clearly visible. Please send the pictures directly to our support via email. (info@alphacool.com) They will then tell you immediately how to proceed.