Eiswolf 2 and Eisbaer Single Loop

Elmintrude

Hi,

I've connect my Eiswolf 2 and Eisbaer into a single loop to cool my 3080 ti FE and 3700x. Both have a 360 radiator but I'm seeing higher temps than I expected with them both hitting 70c.

It could well be my fans and other stuff but won't ask advice on that, I'll play around with those. I just want to check that I've connected them both correctly as I am find conflicting information online. First there's this YouTube video on your channel
that shows them set up one way bit then I found an instruction manual that shows them set up another. I've attached screenshots of them both and I currently have mine set up like the YouTube video. My Eiswolf 2 has the new, all black quick releases and my Eisbaer has a single one with the red and blue rings.

Can you link me to the correct way to do it please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-15-06-51-14-073_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-15-06-51-14-073_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2021-12-15-06-57-27-254_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-15-06-57-27-254_com.android.chrome.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 8

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Both ways are possible! But my advice would rather go in the direction of the video!
GPU->Radiator->CPU->Radiator
How did you make it work?

Elmintrude

Ahhh, ok thanks. That's good to know. I've got it set up as you suggest so I think ill leave it like that.

My Temps aren't too bad, both CPU and GPU hitting about 70 bit it's probably more to do with me wanting the fans as quiet as possible! Performance Vs noise!! Also the size of my case only allows certain configs for each 360 radiator but there's lots I can tweak or I can just leave it as it is as those temps are perfectly fine! Swapping the top of the case for one with more vents has already made a huge difference.the Define 7 does a good job of keeping heat in otherwise!!

I love both the Eiswolf 2 and the Eisbaer. They're perfect for me as I'm not yet ready to do a custom loop but this has been a great learning exercise! I'm sure I'll move to a custom loop eventually so this is a great stepping stone.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Of course, you could still play with the RPM of the fans. I think that if you let them rotate a little faster, the temperatures will also go down a little! Nice to hear that you are satisfied!

pleiwne

Well, it can help in theory. If one loop isn't using the full cooling capacity of its radiator (because the component isn't stressed too much by the ongoing workload), but the other is, then having both applinked together would probably allow you to cool the hot one better. That's why functionally speaking, having multiple separate loops is almost always worse (conceptually) than having a single big one.

Last edited:

Elmintrude

Well, it can help in theory. If one loop isn't using the full cooling capacity of its radiator (because the component isn't stressed too much by the ongoing workload), but the other is, then having both together would probably allow you to cool the hot one better. That's why functionally speaking, having multiple separate loops is almost always worse (conceptually) than having a single big one.
This matches up to my experience as with the single loop and some case adjustments I've ended up with both CPU and GPU at about 60c under load. 2 separate loops left the CPU at about 50c and the GPU at around 75c so I'm happy for them to meet in the middle and still be able to have all my fans running at 20% so I can only hear the pump.