Eiswolf 2 GPU AIO Aurora RGB? & No Pump Logo? & High Temps?

StueyNez

This is a 3 question post (And also my 1st post :)) so help on any or all of the questions is helpful for me

1. I've never installed RGB into a computer before, but want to after installing my Eiswolf 2 Aurora AIO. How do I go about connecting all of the LED wirings from the block and or fans to my motherboard? For reference, I have a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard. Links to videos and or products are helpful too.

2. Upon installation of the block onto my 2080ti, I've noticed that the green "Nvidia..." Does not light up all the time. I'd say 75-80% of the time the Green Nvidia shows up through my case window. Is this normal? If it's not normal and I can fix it, can someone please point me in the direction of how?

3. I have been playing with this card and cooler for about a week, and I'm noticing the temps when the card is under load. what is an acceptable range of temperatures that one should expect when using this card? I know there are a lot of factors that go into GPU temps, but I'm just wondering in general what I should be expecting. For reference, I did follow the Alphacool manual and re-tighten all of the screws after roughly 1 day of (Active) use.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

1. Eiswolf 2 Aurora has Digital RGB (aRGB) not RGB. aRGB and RGB are two different things. Check out your mainboard manual, you board has connectors for both. aRGB is 3-Pin. And what you need..... depends on all the parts you are using. There are tons of adaptors on the market to connect everything. You must only check, that you are using 3-Pin 5V connectors.

2. No, that is not normal. There is only one cable for the pump and lighting. dDo you control the pump in any way?

3. Here you can read everything about temperatures with the Eiswolf 2: https://www.igorslab.de/en/alphacoo...-some-own-initiative-almost-perfect-solution/

StueyNez

1. Thank you, upon some digging I've found that my motherboard can supply either 12v or 5v to the aRGB, so I will address this later.

2. I have the pump connected to a hybrid fan/pump header on my motherboard (Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi). both the radiator fans and the pump are being controlled by my BIOS curve (to the best of my knowledge, along with the rest of the fans in my case).

3. Thank you, as I was reading I noticed that Igor mentions washers as well as 4 additional screws from my previous air cooler to be used with this new block? Could you advise me on what type of washer he was referring to?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hi,

The pump must run always with max, so 12V. Without any controlling over the BIOS. If the pump is running with to low rpm, it is possible that the pump will die.

Igor is telling a lot, but not everything is important. Please mount the cooler like you can see in the manual. If anything happen and the wrong mounting was the reason you will lose your warrenty.

StueyNez

Thanks,

I have set the pump to run at full speed (100%) in the BIOS. BIOS is showing that the flow fluctuates around 2600rpm (give or take) which is inline with the pumps limit of 2300 (give or take 10%). after consulting the manual, It appears that I had put the screws closest to the GPU Dye in the wrong locations, so after readjusting those the temps remained stable at around 60c while under load of about 80%.

I have also figured out how to install RGB (I had what some like to call a moment..) so all is working on that end.

Is the Eiswolf in the bottom right corner of the pump supposed to light up as well? I have provided a picture showing that the "Geforce RTX" is illuminated, but the Eiswolf in the corned or the pump is not (apologies for the sub par picture)

Attachments

• rsz_pc.jpg
    rsz_pc.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 7

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Glad to hear that the system works. The photo is very dark and unclear. It is hard to see the corner really. We need some clear photos if possible please.