Eiswolf 2: Switch from RTX3090 to RTX4090 by changing only Eisblock

phuxman

Hi @all,

is it possible to remove the pump from my existing Eiswolf 2 AOI for RTX3090 (MSI Ventus) and install it on a new Eisblock designed for my new RTX4090 card?

Is this a supported action and can you provide some manual for doing this?

Thank you for any answers!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Theoretically yes. However, since the conversion is complex and we do not give any warranty or guarantee on it, nor do we officially recommend it, we do not offer any conversion instructions for it. A small mistake during the conversion and the whole thing will expire.
But if you google a bit, you will find conversion instructions. However, without guarantee from our side.

phuxman

Thank you for your response. Yeah...not sure if I want this in this case.

In the shop, I see there are only options to buy a full AIO or a Eisblock without any pump. Is it possible to get a preinstalled pump on a Eisblock (like a order option) without the rest of AIO?

Background: I like the modular Alphacool system (I own several CPU AOIs and my first GPU AIO) but having to rebuy unnecessary(already owned components every time swapping a GPU feels wrong and wasteful.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I don't think we'll find an ideal solution for you here. We also do not offer individual Eiswolf AIOs without a radiator. That would blow up our portfolio. Unfortunately, it is not possible to cover all wishes. Otherwise we would have AIOs with 240, 360 and 420mm radiators, the coolers only with the pump unit without radiator, only the pump unit and the whole thing best still pre-assembled with an Eisbaer CPU AIO, of course in the desired hose length, so that everything fits well in the many different cases.

I understand your desire to make a simple change here. But I hope you understand that we also have to set limits for our own economy.

But I still recommend you to google and look at a conversion. Maybe the conversion is not so difficult for you. As an official representative, I have to advise against it. But that doesn't mean it's impossible.