Eiswolf CLC Series for Strix 3090

Asryan

Hi

i've just seen that the Eiswolf CLC Series is compatible with 3090 from Asus.

I have a strix 3090 oc and my main concerne are memory temp (memory temp junction and hot spot) which can hit around 85c on some game.

I know it's normal and within specs but i'd love to cool it down and have more silence without going for an expensive full loop

Will the Eiswolf CLC Series be a solution, how are the cooling performance considering the memory below the backplate, does the Eiswolf CLC Series have an active backplate cooling?

Thanks !

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, with the Eiswolf 2 you will definitely achieve lower temperatures. An active backplate is not yet available.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yes, but if you try to do mining, you will also get in a thermal limit. Than you need an active cooled backplate but we dont offer that right now.

Asryan

Nope i don't do any mining just gaming

The worse temps i've seen was around

72c on core
88c on memory.

Is it considered safe?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yes, that is safe. With less temperature on GPU you will get a better boost clock and memory can heat up to ~ 95-100° befor they starting throtteling.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Hard to say because i dont know your ambient temperature, i have no idea about your airflow..... GPU maybe something between 50-60°... Memory really depends what are you doing. Most have 60-70°, with some games up to 80..... and with things like mining.... forgett it but here also no aircooler are working well on a 3090. GDDR6x is really really crap with waste of heat.